• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

"Moving Day" new diorama in 1/35 scale already in progress

Started by Junior, September 16, 2013, 01:23:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junior

Guy Milh(imeter)

Hi Anders,

very glad you're back !!

Love  the project and the pictures  !!

Guy

Junior

Junior

Junior

finescalerr

jacq01

Hi Anders,

you've been busy........
  Fantastic work. I have one remark, isn't the white lamp over the passage not too large ?
  It could be the brightness of the white colour........

Hope to see you soon.

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

Chuck Doan

Looking great! Another visual feast. Love the windows and interior details.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

BKLN

Ray Dunakin

Holy moly! You really have been busy! Great dio with lots of eye candy. My favorite shot is the one looking through the arch, with the bicycle leaning against the wall. The old, dirty, crumbling stucco in that scene is terrific.

Also love the stuff piled on the cart, especially the way each item is painted. You really got the colors and weathering right.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Marc988

...........  :o

Again very nice work. Looking forward to the next progress pictures !

What I was wondering, where do you find the inspiring original pictures ?

Regards,
Marc

chester

Sure glad to see more stuff from you Anders. Wonderful work as usual. Terrific rendition of the black and white photos.

james_coldicott

Really lovely work. I really like the cart loaded with possessions and the details in the window remind me of Vermeer's paintings.

James

Malachi Constant

Wow!  The expression "still waters run deep" comes to mind ... (you haven't been saying much, but clearly there's a lot going on in there!)  :o  :)

-- Did you do the cobblestones from Das clay or similar?

-- Looks like maybe some curb stones and paving stones (in alley) from Diorama Debris molds ... ??

-- Can't believe you used one of those big, clunky Mini-Art doors and made it look good!  ;D  Dig the hardware and hinges on the windows ... are those Plus Model or scratchbuilt?

-- And what about all those building halves lining the edges of the diorama ... are there open interiors visible from the outside?

Already so much going on ... GREAT looking scene / theme!

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com