• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1:43.5 Hudson Hunslet

Started by davej, March 10, 2010, 06:19:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davej

Greetings!

This is my forthcoming kit for a 7mm scale 14mm gauge Hudson Hunslet 24hp 4wDM. The frames and details are brass lost wax castings and the body etched brass. The chassis is etched nickel silver and uses 3-stage gearing (72:1) to allow the motor and drive to fit within the engine cover and drive both axles.

d

Ken Hamilton

That's a nice looking unit, Dave.  What kind of pricing are we looking at?
Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/

davej

The kit will cost GBP 95.00 - it includes everything you need to make a working model.

shropshire lad

Nice looking loco . If only it was in 1/35th scale ,

Nick

davej

Quote from: shropshire lad on March 10, 2010, 11:08:37 AM

Maybe one day. I am trying to resist at the moment!

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Mr Potato Head

Tell us more about this kit please, do you have a website? when can we order them?
Gil
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

james_coldicott

Hey David,

good to see you posting here! Nice also to see the progress on the Hudson Hunslet.

For those that don't know David's work his website is

www.kbscale.com

The kits are 7mm=1 foot, true 2 foot gauge (14mm) with track and rolling stock kits as well as motive power. I have lots of these kits and cannot recommend them highly enough. Some were developed by Roy Link and David's doing a great job continuing in the same vein.

By the way David, I never got to see many photo's of your scratchbuilt Bagnall articulated- can you post some if you have them?

James

davej

Hey James!

The articulated Bangall is in pieces at the moment. There has been a photo of the controls published in the 'new' Bagnall book so I am going to re-do the cab area. Also, I am making another chassis and this will be a design trial for some new kits. I will do this Bagnall and the 18" gauge Carnegie (first O10.5 kit!).

d

shropshire lad

Quote from: davej on March 10, 2010, 12:14:04 PM

I wouldn't bother trying to resist , just do it .

You could do for 1/35th scale modellers what Roy did for O 14 ones .

Nick

davej

This is a chassis for a baby Diema DL6. It is really tiny - the wheels are 8mm and the wheel base 11.5mm. The only way to fit in the drive is to use two sets of worm and wheel and a layshaft. The motor just about fits under the engine cover.

d

davej

Quote from: shropshire lad on March 11, 2010, 12:01:00 AM
Quote from: davej on March 10, 2010, 12:14:04 PM

I wouldn't bother trying to resist , just do it .

You could do for 1/35th scale modellers what Roy did for O 14 ones .

Nick

But, what scale to choose 1:32 or 1:35?

Krusty

QuoteThis is a chassis for a baby Diema DL6. It is really tiny - the wheels are 8mm and the wheel base 11.5mm. The only way to fit in the drive is to use two sets of worm and wheel and a layshaft. The motor just about fits under the engine cover.

Just think how much less frustrating it would be in 1:32 scale.
Kevin Crosado

"Caroline Wheeler's birthday present was made from the skins of dead Jim Morrisons
That's why it smelt so bad"

lab-dad

Dave,
Can you show (or send me) more pictures of the LK05 - Hudson Hudswell 0-6-0WT?
-Marty

davej

Hello Marty,

You can see one being built here - http://www.rmweb.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=38583

This is an ex-RCL kit that is over 20 years old. The only thing I have done to it is make a new gearbox etch as the old one was impossible to use. The etch drawings are all hand drawn and the valve gear is a little clunky looking by todays standards, but it still makes into a nice looking loco. By contrast the patterns for the castings are really beautiful and fine. I would like to re-draw the chassis one day.

Let me know if you have any questions.

d