• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Sardines in box

Started by Carlo, February 17, 2010, 12:43:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlo

Hello, all -

Ken asked about the boxes of sardines, in my "Introduction" post, so...

The scale is 1"/ft. The boxes were made up from laser-cut wood (done by a friend). The labels are from a custom rubber stamp. The fish (sardines were cast in resin. First, I made a master, starting with a wood block which fit snugly into the box. I added individual fish made from Polymer clay, until I had a good pile. After hardening the clay (toaster oven at 225 deg F for 30 min.), I made a one-sided silicone rubber mold, and cast them in resin. gloss silver paint, white dots for eyes, and that's it. Here's another pic.

Regards,  Carlo
southern coastal Maine, USofA

marc_reusser

They really came out great!...thanks for the info. The rubber stamp idea is very clever....and something I will need to remeber.

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Carlo

Thanks, Marc -
The box in the lower left is my attempt at lobsters. There are many places that will take your black-and-white graphics/text, and make it into a rubber stamp. Not very expensive either. Good for that rustic, hand-made look.
Carlo

lab-dad

Wonder if that'd work for signs (Like on buildings)?
They'd have to be one color or multiple stamps with locators.......
Single color signs would be cool.
RR X ing would be a good one!
-Mj

marc_reusser

Quote from: Carlo on February 17, 2010, 01:23:46 PM

The box in the lower left is my attempt at lobsters........

I noticed those, and think they came out really well.....if my current sculpting project (a stuffed toy rabbit in 1/35) comes out half as good as those I will be happy.

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Ken Hamilton

Thanks, Carlo!  Wonderful job.  I like that rubber-stamp idea, too.
Looking forward to seeing more of your work...............
Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/