• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Historic Depot in Chama, MN

Started by Brent, December 30, 2009, 07:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brent

THe unpainted passenger end with the roof on but not sitting quite right...

Brent

I glued up a blank and carved a chimney from wood. Then I made a mold from it and cast a duplicate in Hydrocal.

Brent

The unpainted front turned out to resemble the prototype nicely.

Brent

The bright green roof was a shock. Over 300 strips of green construction paper cut with a diamond shaped rotary craft cuttter went into it.

Brent

I think this color roof matches the 1938 prototype more closely.  What do you think?

Brent

Here is the depot before the signs and window glazing were added. 

Brent

This is the depot from the north east.

Brent

This is how the depot currently looks (with signs, a baggage cart, a figure, three dogs and a cat). Interior furnishing have yet to be installed.

Brent

I hope I successfully captured the front detail.  I think some light weathering might be in order. What do you think?
The roof still sits a little high and leaves a gap, which I need to fix...

Brent

Does anyone know a source for 1:48 telegraphers' keys, sounders, etc?
The front window looks bear without them.

Brent

This is the prototype in June 2006. It was re-roofed last summer.

jacq01

Cool, this turned out very wel done. 

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

lab-dad

Nice to see someone capture something like that in miniature.
Very well done!
I agree some "slight" weathering would really bring it to life.
Have never seen any telegraph items but making some should not be that hard (firmly insert tongue in cheek)
-Marty

finescalerr

To make a miniature telegraph assembly you would need a full size prototype, some brass and/or styrene, and a pantograph. Anyone could do it.

Yeah, right ....

Russ

Chuck Doan

Looking good, Brent! That has to be one big model.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/