• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Jacq's Logging Project Discussion

Started by marc_reusser, February 27, 2008, 05:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shropshire lad

Before we lose sight of the main focus of our discussion .

How are you doing , Jacq ? Finished pestering the nurses yet ?

Nick

jacq01

QuoteHow are you doing , Jacq ? Finished pestering the nurses yet ?

I will leave hospital for a revalidation centre on Tuesday as there are no more cans with nurses in Geldrop Hospital.
Remarkable good progress with use of my legs  ;D ;D

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

shropshire lad

Quote from: jacq01 on May 25, 2012, 12:39:56 AM
QuoteHow are you doing , Jacq ? Finished pestering the nurses yet ?

I will leave hospital for a revalidation centre on Tuesday as there are no more cans with nurses in Geldrop Hospital.
Remarkable good progress with use of my legs  ;D ;D

Jacq

That's good to hear , Jacq . Especially as the Dutch football team aren't doing very well at the moment and they need a good striker .

Keep up the good recovery ,

Nick

TRAINS1941

Good news Jacq.

Nick you bettter start making bricks Jacq sounds like he's almost ready to go.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

W.P. Rayner

That's great news Jacq... congratulations! Attractive nurses are a great aid to speedy recovery... ;)

Paul

shropshire lad

Quote from: TRAINS1941 on May 25, 2012, 05:20:18 AM
Good news Jacq.

Jerry

Already started , Jerry Old Bean , already started . However , it looks as if I'll need to up production rates . Maybe I'll introduce a night shift !

Nick

finescalerr

Let me warn you about those beautiful nurses: In college, when I had my wisdom teeth pulled, the anesthetic knocked me unconscious. I woke up in a recovery room and a beautiful, sexy young nurse said she would be right back. The anesthetic slowly wore off and I waited for the nurse to return. When she returned I realized she was about 50 years old, somewhat overweight, and anything but beautiful or sexy. Ah, the power of drugs! -- Russ

Mr Potato Head

Beer has the same effect! The more beer you consume and the later it gets,.............. The better looking women become!
Be very careful, that's why a designated spotter is your best friend!
Consume carefully!
A message from your beer consul and your friendly potato guru
MPH
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

W.P. Rayner

Quote from: finescalerr on May 25, 2012, 11:22:58 AM
Let me warn you about those beautiful nurses: In college, when I had my wisdom teeth pulled, the anesthetic knocked me unconscious. I woke up in a recovery room and a beautiful, sexy young nurse said she would be right back. The anesthetic slowly wore off and I waited for the nurse to return. When she returned I realized she was about 50 years old, somewhat overweight, and anything but beautiful or sexy. Ah, the power of drugs! -- Russ

A perfect example of the phenomena known as "Better living through chemistry"...

Paul

Erkut Baykal

That is wonderful news Jacq.

The Selcuk Team

shropshire lad

Quote from: TRAINS1941 on May 25, 2012, 05:20:18 AM
Good news Jacq.

Jerry

1000 bricks cast last night . None today . Maybe some more tomorrow .

Carlo

Nick -
Could you please tell me about your brick molding/casting techniques?
Also, materials?  1000 in one night?
Carlo

TRAINS1941

Quote from: Carlo on May 26, 2012, 11:40:40 AM
Nick -
Carlo

Carlo the reason he is so fast.  His helper is that 50 year old nurse Russ was talking about!!!!! ;)

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

shropshire lad

Quote from: Carlo on May 26, 2012, 11:40:40 AM
Nick -
Carlo

I could tell you , but then you'll be as clever as me and we can't have that now , can we ! ? !

Oh , all right seeing as it's you .

I have two rubber molds for making 1/32nd scale bricks that I made myself and one mold for making 1/35th scale bricks that I recently bought from the company that I gave the web address in a previous post on this thread ( you'll have to find that for yourself as I'm not doing all the work ) . Each of the 1/32nd scale brick molds has 200 bricks and the 1/35th scale mold has 100 , so I can make 500 at a time . I reckon without to much trouble I could make 1500 a night .

I normally use casting plaster with a builders mortar colouring powder added to give the bricks their red colour but I have been recently been trying out a product called Jesmonite that my son has brought home from work . Here is their website http://www.jesmonite.com/ . I don't think that there are any advantages of using this material in preference to plaster but as I was given it I thought I'd try it out .

There , now you know as much as me .

Nick
  Nick

Alan Rees

There was an Irish man who went into a brick yard and asked for 1000 bricks.
The guy at the brick yard took the Irish man down to the shed and on the way down to the shed the guy asked him, "What do you need 1000 bricks for?"
The Irish man said, "I'm building a BBQ" so the guy asks, "Why do you need 1000 bricks?"
The Irish man replies, "Because I live on the 15th floor."