• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

New guy from Texas

Started by W C Greene, October 20, 2010, 04:08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W C Greene

Thanks Darryl, it is nice to be noticed but I wish they would take down those photos of me at the post office! You know, the Mogollon Railway didn't start out as an outdoor layout, it was just that after I moved to be able to take care of an 87 year old war vet, I found that I had NO room to build anything. So, I have taken over his back yard. It helps that the old gent is a model railroader also (HO, HOn3). I view my layout as the therapy that I would otherwise need to pay for but far, far more fulfilling. Over the years, I have met some great folks through the hobby and a couple of dudes who need to stay away from me. Of course the layout is not finished, never will be, but I am planning some new sections that will increase the run quite a bit. I will post some new photos here as soon as I can get to it.
                                    Woodie
miles to go before I sleep...

MinerFortyNiner

Woodie.it's great to see you are here as well.  Familiar faces are always good to see when you are new, I know we will all enjoy your modeling contributions and wry wit!
- Verne Niner
  "Better to light a candle than curse the darkness..."

W C Greene

Like a line from Cheers-"Verne!"...nice to see you also..Is this a cool site, or what. All should know that this gent is building a most impressive layout that makes me drool...and it takes some doin' to make me drool! Those beehive coke ovens are something, wish I had those. And I still lust after your cactus..Hmmm..
                  Woodie

MinerFortyNiner

Thanks Woodie...we are obviously on the same wavelength, when they commit us maybe they will put us in the same asylum so we can visit.  Anybody who is masochistic patient enough to run trains with working link and pin couplers, or messing with TRs and MGs, is seriously on the edge.   :D

I never knew you lusted after my cacti, they say confession is good for the soul.  You have some amazing flora and fauna, including some saucy senoritas, that have inspired similar reactions! 
- Verne Niner
  "Better to light a candle than curse the darkness..."

W C Greene

Verne-yes, we is crazy! Since me and a couple of buddies actually operate the layout in a more or less proto-untypical manner, the L&P couplers make for some lively sessions (therapy?). When the neighbor ladies see the guys drive up for some "fun", they take all the kids inside so our "blue language" won't make the kids into sailors. Running outdoors does have its' advantages...and learning new words is one of them.
                   See you at the next group encounter..
                                        Woodie-the Outlaw troublemaker

W C Greene

Since we all know who's crazee, here's photo proof that I most certainly am.....
Look what was found near Silver Creek. The sheriff is investigating now.
                     Woodie

W C Greene

OK, I may have this down now. Here's another photo showing MRy's #3 Rosa outside the enginehouse/shop. The line's only passenger car in in for some "repairs". I know the photos are tiny, but if you dare to put water on...er..click on them, they grow!
One of these days, I will learn how to run a computer'

RoughboyModelworks

Quote from: W C Greene on October 30, 2010, 10:41:55 AM
                     Woodie

If he were face down, it could be D B Cooper...  ;D

Very amusing Woodie, in a twisted sort of way...

Paul

marc_reusser

Quote from: W C Greene on October 30, 2010, 10:41:55 AM
Since we all know who's crazee, here's photo proof that I most certainly am.....
                     Woodie

I found him by the railroad track this morning
I could see that he was nearly dead
I knelt down beside him and I listened
Just to hear the words the dying fellow said

He said they let me out of prison down in Frisco
For ten long years I've paid for what I've done......

M....(heading to a corner with my new black suit)
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Ray Dunakin

Cool stuff. Is this an outdoor layout?
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

W C Greene

Yes, it's outdoors. Here in Dallas, the weather isn't all that outrageous and I have learned how to make stuff that can stay outside and look reasonably well. The layout is covered during storms and when the weather is colder than you know what. I couldn't have such a layout if it was stuck indoors. It started out in the living room but then I moved and the back yard is the only place to build...almost unlimited "real estate".
                Woodie

W C Greene

I thought I would send a couple of photos of my poor old railroad showing Shay #5 doing some "switching" and Garratt #4 pushing an ore car across the Silver Creek trestle.

W C Greene

And just a couple of more. One shows tiny #3, "Rosa" in her little enginehouse at the Lone Star smelter and the other is the Cox Motor-Bike shop, just off the Mogollon Railway mainline.

Ray Dunakin

Nice stuff!

Where did you get the bell for the front of that loco?
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

W C Greene

Ray-the parts I use on my 35n2 locos are mostly O scale PSC. I look for the large stuff, 9MM bells, large O scale headlights, etc. I have looked at "true" 1:32 detail parts, but they tend to overpower the tiny locos.
                         Woodie