• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

The Twins

Started by Bernd, August 19, 2021, 08:03:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernd

Here's a project I started and actually finished. These engines were built as a tribute challenge to a forum member of the Railroad Line Forum back in 9-16-2016, over 5 years ago.

I've decided to finally put up the construction build on my website of these two boxcabs for wider information distribution
amongst the model railroading community. The idea of building a four axle boxcab in HOn2½ actually stems from the fact I was interested in On2½. I built two On2½ boxcabs using a set of DD40 trucks. After I decided to just stick with HO and start building a layout that contained
three gauges, Standard gauge, HOn3, and HOn2½. The HOn2½ will be the quarry line that I have started to build. Needing something to power those dump cars brought up this design for motive power.

Here's a link to that page. I still need to add more to the site on this build. http://www.kingstonemodelworks.com/TheTwins.html

Bernd
New York, Vermont & Northern Rwy. - Route of the Black Diamonds

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

It might be time to speak to your therapist about those names .... -- Russ

Bernd

Quote from: finescalerr on August 20, 2021, 12:40:23 AM
It might be time to speak to your therapist about those names .... -- Russ

I have and my therapist said I'm making progress.  :-\

The names are of the modeler (Bill) and his wife (Anita).

@Ray,

Thanks Ray.

Bernd

Lawton Maner

Isn't the name of the box cab on the right the nickname of our fearless leader?
Headed for the corner with a cooler full of snacks,ice, and adult beverages!

Bernd

Quote from: Lawton Maner on August 20, 2021, 04:33:24 PM
Isn't the name of the box cab on the right the nickname of our fearless leader?
Headed for the corner with a cooler full of snacks,ice, and adult beverages!

Yup, that be the one.
Will be joining you in the corner. I've got a cooler loaded also, so there Russ.

Bernd

finescalerr

How humiliating! -- Russ

Lawton Maner

If we get to use Nick's corner there is a pizza oven, refrigerator, comfortable chairs, and a flat screen TV.

Bernd

Quote from: Lawton Maner on August 21, 2021, 04:16:28 PM
If we get to use Nick's corner there is a pizza oven, refrigerator, comfortable chairs, and a flat screen TV.

How many can Nick get into his corner?  ;D

finescalerr

The problem isn't his getting in; it's getting out. Nick is such a young rascal that he's had to spend decades in the corner. I've even heard he stashed a bunch of beautiful girls in thong bikinis there, each (of course) eager to cater to his every whim. Maybe he'll explain it to you. I find the whole matter far too embarrassing. -- Russ

WP Rayner

Quote from: finescalerr on August 22, 2021, 12:23:31 AM
The problem isn't his getting in; it's getting out. Nick is such a young rascal that he's had to spend decades in the corner. I've even heard he stashed a bunch of beautiful girls in thong bikinis there, each (of course) eager to cater to his every whim. Maybe he'll explain it to you. I find the whole matter far too embarrassing. -- Russ

True dat.... but here in the darkside corner we have cookies and whisky too. And, one of those thong-clad girls said she would do anything I wanted for 50 bucks, so I had her repaint the kitchen.  ::)
Paul

Stay low, keep quiet, keep it simple, don't expect too much, enjoy what you have.

Bernd

Quote from: WP Rayner on August 22, 2021, 04:22:03 AM
True dat.... but here in the darkside corner we have cookies and whisky too. And, one of those thong-clad girls said she would do anything I wanted for 50 bucks, so I had her repaint the kitchen.  ::)

I need to rent me one of those thong clad women to do my kitchen or my bed room.  :-\

I'm starting to like being told to go to the corner.  8)

See what you started Russ.  ;D

Bernd