• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

When I was on the Dark Side

Started by Bernd, August 22, 2021, 08:16:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernd

Way back when I was on the "Dark Side" I got involved in On2½. I actually started working on a layout. I then discovered that you can't have an interest in three different scales (O, HO, & TT)  and accomplish any kind of large size layout. I have approximately a 2000sq. ft. area in the basement allocated for an HO scale layout. But while making this decision to go with only one scale I was in the process of building two protolanced diesel boxcabs in On30. After they were finished I gave them to Bill Petersen(?) (aka Geezer) He finished one off, repainted and decaled it. The first picture shows the engine that I sent him. The roof is in it's original position. Bill turned the roof 180 degrees when he owned the engines.

Here are four pictures of one of the boxcabs. No idea what happened to the other one.

The boxcabs were built on HO scale SD40 trucks. If there is interest in an SBS I'd be more than happy to write it up and post it.

Bernd

New York, Vermont & Northern Rwy. - Route of the Black Diamonds

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

SandiaPaul

TT? Can you tell us about your TT modeling?
Paul

Bernd

Quote from: Ray Dunakin on August 22, 2021, 07:37:57 PM
Beautiful!

Thanks Ray. I believe I did a write up on that other forum on this project. I can do that again here.

Bernd
New York, Vermont & Northern Rwy. - Route of the Black Diamonds