• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

south creek road

Started by 1-32, November 28, 2017, 01:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1-32

Hah,
that is why the barbershop is now a laundry cheers Russ Ray,

Design-HSB

Russ,
the men are all smooth shaved that must have made the barber.

Kim very nice.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

5thwheel

Quote from: finescalerr on November 04, 2019, 08:43:22 PM
If everybody there is old (and bald), whose hair will the barbershop cut?

Nice work, Kim.

Russ

Probably sell and fit wigs. ;)
Bill Hudson
Fall down nine times,
get up ten.

Barney

These little scenes are very interesting and nicely modelled
Barney

1-32

Hi all.
Another change on the coast, the little industrial building in the foreground is being turned into a blacksmith shop -work in progress.
Next March Ontrax in Utrecht - the Netherlands is on if you don't know Ontrax is becoming the best model railway exhibition in the world bar none. It is held in the display area of the National Railway Museum of the Netherlands the locomotive hall is dimmed and the displays are arranged around the giant locomotives. One of the conditions of selection is that the models have very good display lights so the scene is impressive. The museum is very good in there attitude concentrating on what they do best letting a group of Dutch modelers do the selecting, resulting in a very good mix of both standard and narrow gauge on freelance and proto subjects. I will be attending with South  Creek remember it is designed for travel from Australia but the other modelers come from Europe and the UK but the organizers see it as a worldwide exhibition.
cheers.

Design-HSB

Kim,

congratulations on this invitation I was invited there this year and have experienced it as very positive.
The community among exhibitors was also great.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

finescalerr

It will be a great show if both of you are exhibiting. -- Russ

1-32

Morning all.
What has happened to the year they say the older you get the faster time goes -scary.
Moving on with South Creek and adding new detail I have to admit I like it free and easy texture and color.
cheers.

finescalerr

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

thanks , all very smokey, hot and dry here very very scary anyway.
The travel box for South Creek complete, custom double layer 3 mm cardboard 3 layers can be either posted or packed into a hard shell catty on suit case .4 screws are needed for the models assembly the rest are custom slip joints.Size 290 mm wide 450 mm long and 190 mm heigh, about 4.3 kg or 9.7 pounds in weight. The first layer is 25 mm deep it has the stand [100 mm heigh] tool kit, track cleaner, silicon lube, and the lighting boom, also pictured is the top.
cheers.

finescalerr

Wouldn't it be much easier to have the convention at the house next door? -- Russ

Design-HSB

Hello Kim, when is the good journey and with a bit of luck we will see you in March at The Ontraxs in Utrecht.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Ray Dunakin

I'm always amazed by how well you get at the way you manage to fit everything into the smallest possible space.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

Morning all.
Russ not with my neighbors, I like to travel too much so to be able to take a complex model with me complete is a real bonus.I have done it so many times that I am beginning to get a very good idea of what is involved. Different materials etc and most importantly the weight the maximum of carrying on luggage 7 kg my model 4.3 kg.
The finished item is very important to me just as important as detail or paint finish still into the idea of large scale small space I don't know if any of yourselves have seen a book -"The Art of Japenese Packing" if so you would know what I  mean.and yes I was very good with blocks in kindergarten.
Cheers