• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/2" Scale project still in progress (somehow)

Started by Chuck Doan, July 20, 2009, 08:55:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck Doan

I received my garage dio back from my Dad for some cleaning this weekend and I decided to try a couple of quick tree shadow pictures. It's interesting to me how a simple thing can change the feel of a scene so much. I just used an old ratty sagebrush tree to cast the shadows.

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Gordon Ferguson

That is just impressive!

Absolutely real , as you say the shadows just add something ...... Which to be honest I di not think was possible !
Gordon

TRAINS1941

Chuck

I thought it was so realistic before.  There is no way anyone could tell its a model for sure now.  Just a beautiful picture.  Thanks for posting it.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Ray Dunakin

The tree shadow definitely gives it a spark of life!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Wesleybeks

WOW. Im going to have a look at those pics again.

Have to wipe the drool up first.
Kind Regards
Wesley

Modelling in sunny South Africa

Alexandre

MASIGMON

Chuck,
The photo's are outstanding
Brings a new meaning to shade tree mechanic
A question to you is:
The peal paint is outstanding however if you were to have used Rangers paints as you have just used on "Back To The Big Stuff" do you think there would be a big difference?

Mike Sigmon
Jacksonville, Fl

Chuck Doan

Thanks very much! Mike, I would probably try it thinned for a smaller scale. I would also try some version of regular paint and hairspray too, though I would think the wood should be sealed.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Franck Tavernier

Chuck,

Your pictures are absolutely disturbing! The realism they give off is really impressive, and someone who does not know that it is a diorama would be unable even to say this is modeling!

I think you've reached the top of your art!

Franck

finescalerr

1-32

chester

Love the shadows on what is a spectacular model Chuck. Thanks for bringing it to us.

Hydrostat

Chuck,

I've got nothing else to add to what the previous writers said. And I don't want you to get you bored of repeating.

Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

marc_reusser

GAAAAAK!!........

I am reeeeeally beginning to dislike you!  ;D  ;D 
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works