• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/2" Scale project still in progress (somehow)

Started by Chuck Doan, July 20, 2009, 08:55:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRAINS1941

Chuck

Hate to see this one end.  All the new stuff that you used and explained how you accomplished every little detail.

Like Marty can't wait for you to rest up and start the next project.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

DaKra

3d Photo realism in Doan style, it turned out great!    I like the harmony and the subtlety of the many little details, everything is as it should be.   More proof that the most mundane things become so interesting, when miniaturized in a harmoneous and believable way.   I enjoyed watching you build this, and I look forward to your next thing.

Dave

finescalerr

Outstanding tutorial on the sign's creation. As for the diorama itself, well, uh, it's okay I guess. Might make the cover of the December Modeler's Annual (out of pity). -- Russ

Frederic Testard

Thanks for sharing your techniques all along the thread, Chuck. Not only is this sign wonderful, but we may even hope to make something decent following your description of the process.
Frederic Testard

chester

Thanks for bringing this one to us Chuck. Can't wait for the next one either. Or the hard copy of the build in the annual!

Malachi Constant

Great!  What's next?  ;D

Sure, YOU might be glad that it's all wrapped up ... but for the rest of us, it's kinda like the last good show on TV got cancelled.  :'(

Will you be doing a voice-over on the DVD set?  Maybe some out-takes and bloopers?

Bravo and thanks for the great show!  -- Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

EZnKY

Extraordinary work Chuck.
I've watched this unfold from the beginning, and your willingness to re-do work you're not satisfied with has really helped me with my own modest projects.

I like the fact you work to your own standards.  Insanely high standards, but yours none the less.
Eric Zabilka
Lexington, Kentucky

Ray Dunakin

What can I say that hasn't already been said? The diorama is perfection, and watching it "grow up" has been both highly educational and a real pleasure.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Chuck Doan

Thanks! This was a fun project. The best part was trying the 3D printing.

I'm in the same boat as Marty just now, I have a lot of possible projects but no strong inclination to build any of them. I did just find two new (to me) pictures of the monorail though! ;)

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Mobilgas

Chuck,     The Mobil sign turned out Great ;D  It was great to follow along on this build.....learned some cool weathering tip's and what can be done useing PAP.   Whats next ? how about a  Gas Station in Gilmore gas in the 30's with a fully detailed interior ;)
Craig

eTraxx

How about the Death Star in 1/2" scale? :/
Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

Junior

A little late here - missed the grande finale! Congratulations Chuck to another landmark piece in the history of modeling!

Anders  ;D

Ken Hamilton

Chuck, this is the most incredible miniature masterpiece I have ever seen. 
We'll all be mesmerized by this for a very long time and I, for one, will be
revisiting these photos for...like...EVER.
Thanks for sharing.
Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/

nk

Chuck, Congrats on completeing this project. The signs really are the olive in the perfectly stirred martini. Thanks for taking the time to explain the build step by step. Somehow the whole is greater than the sum of the parts.
You may ask yourself: "Well, how did I get here?"

http://public.fotki.com/nkhandekar/

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/