• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Granby Ridge Machine Shop

Started by danpickard, September 17, 2008, 02:42:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrevorCreek

Dan,

Great job on the machine shop.  I happened to see on ebay that you were selling your original resin castings.  Are they still available?

Frank

danpickard

Hi Frank,
which ones were you talking about?  there were the work benches or the On30 flat cars.

Dan Pickard

Chuck Doan

I think we saw the beginning of that layout on RR line? Anyway, hope we get to see some more pics soon, as it sounds great. One of my favorite prototypes.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Franck Tavernier

Wow Dan!...beautiful Work.

I also like the machine shop scene, which is really realistic!

Franck

TrevorCreek

Dan,

It was the work benches.  Are you still selling them?

Frank

danpickard

Frank,
I am still doing the castings when time permits.  I sold out the run I did through eBay.  I was normally just doing small batches, and selling at the odd exhibition I might show at, and finally went to the effort to sell the rest online.  I didn't want to get to involved with the casting, because although its good funding for my hobby, it means I use up my hobby time doing work for other people.  Please email me if you want to talk about them any further.  I have done a few individual orders outside of eBay, they just might take longer if I dont have any cast up ready to go.  I have a few new casting ideas I'd like to do, but between fulltime work and chasing 4 kids aged 3 and under, modelling time usually only happens after 10pm if I can still be bothered concentrating on that sort of thing!

Dan