• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

The former blacksmith shop in Rickarum, Sweden. 1/35 scale,

Started by Junior, May 09, 2011, 02:05:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junior

Hey guys, no rest here....! ;D

Have been taking pictures for about a year now of these buildings and all the junk that is scattered about the property. Friendly old man who owns the place but he can´t understand why I would like to build a model of his home ;D. As this is my first try with anything larger than 1/87 scale some input here would be helpful. It´s easy to "think" 1/87 scale and believe you can include a hundred ideas here but I understand that I have to reduce the size of some buildings and I wont model all of them.

Anyway the era will be the 1950´s - 1960´s. My plan is to build the entire north wall and have one pair of the double doors open so the interior of a small garage can be viewed properly. No, no......not another Krakow garage! The front yard will have a guy working on his car and motorcycle and sometimes he will take on repair jobs from a few customers so a couple of vehicles and spare parts can be justified.

The building behind the two cars is the small home - I´ll call this the east wall. The west wall is the one with the embedded boulders. The south side is complicated with the additional buildings so we´ll se how I can reduce that to something manageable. The back of the east walls will not be modeled as I don´t find that nessecary - obviously this is the back of the diorama. In other words this will be an L - shaped structure.

The property on the south side is filled with piles of all sorts of junk that I have documented. However I have more or less decided to make that into a dump site following pictures that I took elsewhere but also mix in some stuff from the actual site.

I´m well underway with many detail parts and have also made a small test for the dump site as can be seen in the attached pictures. Dave www.vectorcut.com has again promised to help out with some detail parts. My main concern is the south wall and how to make that interesting without the two additional buildings. Some input would be most appreciated.

Anders  ???

Noth wall ][/img]

Junior

Junior

Junior

Junior

Junior

Junior

Junior

Junior

Junior

Junior

Junior

marc_reusser

Holy Crap!...your details in the first two images are absolutely stunning!. Gorgeous paint work.

Can you tell me a buit more aboutyour painting approach, and what you used to do your wood staining on the ladder and the work-bench top. Also your colors/coloring for the tires please.

I really look forward to what this project will look like.

I wouldn't worry about the south wall..I think a simple, well modeled wall can be beautiful, and it can offer a nice counterpoint to the busier walls. You can always add a small window at the top of the stone, just under the wood...for a bathroom or such. and you can always add the power and telephone lines draping/pulled across the wall surface. Maybe a water or drain pipe coming out of the ground and going through the wall.

Looks like you will be having to do a cement mixer  :P ;D

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

fspg2

I have already sat in front and looking whether there is now reality or model. Madness, as you realize the model implementation!
I agree with Marcs appeal, please tell us more about the realization and your many tricks to achieve such a realistic look!

Frithjof
Frithjof

chester

And I thought it would be hard for you to be more realistic than the Krakow Garage. Stepping into a larger scale certainly fits you well, most excellent work on everything so far. I am curious about the skull on the post. Does this exist somewhere on the old man's property (wink).