• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Glue To Work With

Started by MASIGMON, May 27, 2013, 09:32:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MASIGMON

To get my feet wet in 1/35 Scale dug out an old kit from MK35 their A084 Tractor.  Please advise what glue the members of the form are using now that would work with MK35 & Tamiya.

Thanks,
Mike Sigmon
Jacksonville, Fl

marc_reusser

For injection molded plsstic, like Tamiya, Dragon, etc. I use the Plastruct liquid cement....I use an old small pintbrush to apply.

Not sure if the MK35 kit is resin.....but for resin, I use the heavier/thicker ACC (pihk label...pplied with a toothpick) ...and occasionally the thin ACC (blue label...applied with a toothpick). This is that generic ACC tht you see in hobby shops where they have their own name printed on it.
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Tom Neeson

You can also use 5-minute epoxy for bonding resin.

And if there are huge gaps I like to use two part sculpting putty (usually for figures) like Magic Sculpt or Aves Apoxie,
you can smooth/feather it with a water moistened brush before it has set up.

HTH
Tom
No Scribed Siding!