• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Weathered Wood

Started by marc_reusser, May 19, 2008, 11:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

myron

Beautiful Marty!

Where can I find info on Chucks technique that you refer to?

Myron

finescalerr

You are on this site and you didn't happen to read the December 2007 Modelers' Annual? The technique is there in detail. -- Russ

myron

Thank you Russ.

I guess I'll have to try and find a copy somewhere. My LHS which is not really a train shop, just a general hobby and craft shop with some trains, RC, plastic models, and crafts type stuff, doesn't carry it. They have Model Railroader, Finescale Modeler, and some RC plane mags.

This was just the first site I came to, and saw all the neat work. I am probably in over my head here. Is there a site that someone can recommend to me that is maybe a bit more broad and beginner oriented?

Myron

TRAINS1941

Myron you might want to join here.

http://www.railroad-line.com

But if you were smart like we know you are you would check this site out all the time you can learn an awful lot from the guys here.
The other forum has beginners to people that are also here.  So just hang on for the ride it is worth the trip.  Oh an I would subscribe to this magazine here!  And no I don't get anything for the plug.  Its just that good of a book!!

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

myron

Thanks Jerry. Looks interesting. A lot of stuff to read through. Their a chatty bunch aren't they ;D

Myron

TRAINS1941

Myron

Yes they are chatty :)  But they are some good molders and will help you with the simplest or the hardest questions you can give them.  But sites are a real learning experience, and you will get to know and talk to some really interesting people.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin