• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/8 details

Started by Mobilgas, September 15, 2013, 02:37:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mobilgas

Made in Russia?? seen on e-bay this week..... diecast  copy of Chucks gas pump and oil drum
Craig

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

lab-dad

Wonder if I can get them to make a black market copy in 1/16th? ;D

Do you think someone gave them you file you sent to be printed?
Wonder what they are doing about the glass?

-Mj

Mobilgas

E-bay item number in US is 181218405964  ;D
Craig

Chuck Doan

The proportions are different than mine, but it is clearly based on the ones I did.

Certainly 3D file theft will be the new music file issue soon. Of course I didn't read the Print A Part or Shapeways terms and conditions when I signed up (who does?) so I don't know who really owns my files once they are sent. Could be the way record deals used to be made and the songwriter wound up with nothing.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

finescalerr

Typically in music the musician gets money for the session and the record company keeps whatever income the album earns. (Even though the contract may give the musician a share, creative bookkeeping ensures he never sees it.) In the case of big names, the terms might grant a larger split to the "artist". Similarly, until recently, the record company retained at least part of the music copyright. Recent legislation protects the corporations far more than the artists.

On the other hand, print service bureaus and printing companies have no legal right to what publishers send them. So it's hard to say what will happen with 3-D printing.

Russ

Gordon Ferguson

Marty , have you had a look at what else they do , by the way it's 1/18 so just about useable in 1/16, you may recognise the lathe !!!
Gordon