• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

The former blacksmith shop in Rickarum, Sweden. 1/35 scale,

Started by Junior, May 09, 2011, 02:05:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malachi Constant

Quote from: Junior on December 08, 2011, 03:44:04 AM
A 1940´s military BMW R 75 is being fixed up to civilian standards for a client. Just a temporary set up with just a few parts not even the floor is done yet. Next a couple of Triumph´s and some military wrecks. We´ll see if I can kitbash a Velocette Thruxton and a Triumph T 120 from all the parts that I have. Almost nothing available in civilian bikes in 1/35 scale. Have so far only found two kits a Triumph from Swash and a BMW from IBG models and they are identical to the military vesions erxcept for the most obvious military parts. If anyone knows about other civilian kits it would be much appreciated.

Wow!   :o  :P  :-[  :-X  :-\  :'(  >:(  :)  :D  ;D  

Yeah, my head is bouncing all around ... impressed, inspired, need to go work on some stuff ... need to fix some stuff after seeing your versions ... man, that's beautiful.

I've heard that the Swash Triumph is quite nice ... also quite expensive.  Bronco makes a kit with TWO Triumph 3HW bikes for considerably less:

http://www.scalehobbyist.com/product.php?sn=/BRO00035035

And Mini-Art makes the Harley WLA:
http://www.scalehobbyist.com/product.php?sn=/MIA00035101
http://www.scalehobbyist.com/product.php?sn=/MIA00035080

The Triumph and Harley kits are military versions, but apparently similar to civilian versions ... if you do some surfing you can find some kit reviews, build threads, etc.

Will come back and study all this insanely beautiful work in your shop!
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Malachi Constant

Quote from: Junior on December 08, 2011, 03:14:48 AM
The large grey work desk is from Verlinden but completely re-worked with an open drawer and small shelf - thanks Spencer P. for some great ideas. If I would do it again I would scratchbuild one - a lot easier! The metal shelves are also from Verlinden and are just temporarily in place. The steel work bench, cabinets, shelves etc. arer all scratchbuilt. The Verlinden drill press has also been re-worked. Dallas showed a few neat ideas in his thread that I couldn´t resist to copy - also added a serial no.plate plus a few other details. The black electrical outlets and light switches were custom made by Dave at Vectorcut plus some other parts that will be used later on in the build ....

Yeah, that Verlinden bench is a bit of work ... definitely plan on just scratchbuilding one here ...

Noticed the addition of the number plate on your drill press ... like that idea ... also like the orange paint scheme on that, so I might have to reverse-copy you there.  Also have to go back and re-paint my steel shelving unit after seeing yours ... mine is way too dull and boring.  Also have a bunch more Vectorcut goodies to put to use ... and more to order after seeing Dave's latest offerings.

Think I'll just make a few rambling posts as I come back to re-visit and absorb all the updates ... probably easier than trying to organize all the thoughts!  ;D 

Meanwhile:  Outstanding ... Inspiring ... and "Thanks, I needed that!"

-- Dallas

Gordon Ferguson

Anders,

that work is just superb, there is nothing else I can say.

Like Dallas, I am just going back to study the pictures very, very carefully 
Gordon

DaKra

One thing I can say that might not have been said before, I admire your single minded focus and intensity.  A project like this can wear a man down very quickly.     

Good thing you have that Lego helper.   

Dave

finescalerr

The interior modeling, in particular, is superb but I expected that. It is your forte. As I recall, we hope to publish this model next December. Think anyone will like it? -- Russ

Mr Potato Head

Do we have to wait until next year to see more SBS on the making of these items,  ???these are just spectacular!  :o :oMind boggling, I guess I'll have to work harder on my 1/32 project with an interior! Oh great,.......................... :'(
MPH
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

Ray Dunakin

Incredible! The interior details are amazing, especially the paint and weathering on the metal desk and shelves.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

shropshire lad

Quote from: finescalerr on December 08, 2011, 12:18:25 PM
Think anyone will like it? -- Russ

'fraid not , it's got no trains and it isn't Rio Grande .

finescalerr

Excellent point. I think I'll publish it anyway and give it about 20 pages. Screw 'em. -- Russ

Frederic Testard

Now, that is a detailed scene, Anders. Wonderful progress. How long did it take teaching the little Danish helper to install all these parts? :)
Frederic Testard

Junior

Thanks very much guys! Much appreciated.... ;D ;D ;D! Mr. Potato Head.....an SBS? Could you be a bit more specific? The tool board and tools only would probably take up a full page.... ;)!

Anders

k27rgs

Hi Russ.   Am I to assume the article will be in a december issue 2011 ?? [Please note date change.-- Russ]

I already subscribe, but I am happy to pay for an extra copy the minute it is off the press and then please send it overnight express post, via your personal jet.  20 pages of SBS...  brilliant.   I'm still trying to get thru the last issue.  Congrats to all the contributors.

regards

Mario

http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_lynn_museum_tinwald__nz.html

Mr Potato Head

Anders
I want to see it all, from start to finish of every piece that you make! They are so fantastic! Those books and that metal shelf, and the parts boxes and tool boxes, are they scratch or detailed parts, if so what manufacture are they, give us some more detail.
How did you make the hooks for the peg board? Stuff like that! :o :o
Thanks
MPH

Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

Barney

Speechless - amazing - 10 out of 10 in the Wow factor - what make are the ring spanners ? they have a nice shape
Barney

Malachi Constant

Quote from: Junior on December 08, 2011, 03:48:06 AM
Unfinshed office desk with the local paper dated sometime in 1961.

Pic.13[img][/img]

I have to go through all of these photos and study everything and ask a ton of questions ...

Here's one:  Is that the desk from the Dio-Park Factory Tools set?  Thanks!  Dallas