• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Russian ChTZ S-65 Tractor

Started by marc_reusser, March 12, 2012, 02:41:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc_reusser

Tim;
Thanks for the links. The first one I had seen and saved all the images....the second one is new, and awsome. Thanks.

Gordon;
The shroud is awesome. Keep posting your progress.
Don't think I haven't thought about replading all those rivet heads...they are just so visually irregular, that they are getting on my nerves.
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

marc_reusser

Woohoo..got a note from 'LZ-Models' that my motor is en-route.

M-Works

marc_reusser

WooHoo...motor arrived today. From a quick glance it looks like a very nice kit....and quite the project to build! ;D

M-Works

Andi Little

Kah-rikey!!!...................

Now that looks like a kit of parts in it's own right [sic-ironic]! I'm so envious; not only of your ownership - but what you will do with it, how you'll make it look............. and generally how bliddy impressive it will end up being.

As ever look forward to your posts on the build-up.
KBO..................... Andi.

Gordon Ferguson

Well Marc, you got yours before mine has arrived .......... looks like a good investment.

Anyway my back up S65 kits arrived yesterday ............." was that a delivery darling, no says I quickly putting them in storage"  ;D

Must remember to destroy credit card bill!
Gordon

marc_reusser

Well what do you expect Gordon....you have to deal with the local ground Posties, where-as mine came via air. ;D

I am all to familiar with that "was that a delivery?" issue.  ;D ;D

M

M-Works

Gordon Ferguson

Well the engine arrived this morning ..............absolutely superb!

Looks like I am going to have to build one of these in 1/35 after all.
Gordon

marc_reusser

Thanks Andi. Yes, it is quite the kit....looks like it will be almost as much work as the tractor kit itself. Will have a bit of modifying to do on this. Will post pics when I can get back on it.

Gordon..good to hear. ....you definitely want to do a second build...can't you hear those tracks calling you? ;D

M-Works

Andi Little

Hey Cheps..........

Just bought my one and only tractor kit [sniff]. But mine is/will be, a definite 1/24 transposition. Seeing as it will be resident on a Dioramic [if it ever gets finished???] Estate railway base, which employs a highly eccentric [yet gifted] engineer. It will probably be built to represent one of the Cat' models but I'm so tempted to put the vintage Leyland engine in from the Routemaster bus - or even the Bedford engine from the Emhar O'series trucks.

Haven't really worked out the engineering viability of such a transplant - but I can't help but feel it's exactly the sort of thing that could take place at the "Top Yard".

marc_reusser

Congrats!...now I really look forward to seeing your 1/24 creation....it will give that Gordon fellow a nice challenge.  ;D

M

M-Works

narrowgauger

Hi Guys

in the context of Marc's excellent series on the Trumpeter kit I thought you might be interested in seeing the comparison with the similar PlusModels Caterpillar Sixty model.

Having now worked on both the PlusModels and Trumpeter kit I have to say that the Trumpeter kit is miles better, particularly the tracks which are lousy on the PlusModels product.

the model is basically built ootb, except the engine which has had a major overhaul, incuding the valve pushrods, wiring & piping.  reasonably happy with the outcome, although the weathering techniques were severely limited due to the extremely fragile nature of the resin kit.  In spite of these limitations I am reasonably happy with the outcome.

as always comments & crits are most welcome

have fun
Bernard

narrowgauger

Hi Guys

couple more shots of the Caterpillar Sixty

Bernard

Ray Dunakin

Very nice!

What was wrong with the tracks?
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Andi Little

Looks really F.A.B, Really like the subdued colour and its very workmanlike state .................... would of liked to see larger or detail pic's though. .................. VERY very good work.

JESTER

Any better pics? Most are blurry and really small. Maybe I'm getting too old!

-