• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

the cargo bike

Started by 1-32, October 28, 2012, 08:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1-32

hi ray
good call on the texture.usually with my models i push and pull a lot,with the mud guards i had signs stuck on them did not like them and pulled them off.guess what most of the paint came off with the signs.nothing to get excited about i will turn it into a weathering feature.
kind regards kim

marc_reusser

IKim,

The ice bike is qiute cool. Like your start on the storefront as well.

An you explain to me what those bences are for in front of the shop. (..or am I completely mis-reading this and it is actually a shelf inside what will be somewhat bay storefront display windows?)
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

1-32

hi marc.
yes that is a shopfrount with bay windows.inside the windows there is a small display section with a shelf,above there is usually a curtin.it seems this design was used world wide in australia many of these layouts were copies of british shops.australia as a lot of the rest of the world was part of the british empire, goods from the usa and asia were rare-pity.
i have been buying a selection of 1-35 detail parts for the small diorama,great quality but a huge difference in size some of it would be good for 1-32 scale.
with the ice bike the cargo section looked too big so i have sat a bashed german soldier to get it in scale .the plan is that the ice bike is too be parked in frount of the store  without a rider[the rider has gone inside for a pidddle]
to me the ice bike is very art deco so i have to use this design in the finish-maybe those flared mud guards lends themselves to car design.
kind regards kim

1-32

hello everybody.my cargo bikes are rolling forward to world domination.
the 3 new photoes are about the detailing of the shop frount the window displays are to added.nothing .fancy
1- a cardboard shell
2 -shop frount stryine.
3-the shell is clad in quality watercolour paper,thick
4-wood detail thin bass wood.
5 painting watercolour and citadel paints.
6-wear ,wet and dry sandpaper.

kind regards  kim

Gordon Ferguson

Kim, came across this site which if you have not seen it already might be useful

http://tradesmansbike.wordpress.com/brochures-1930s-new-hudson/
Gordon

1-32

thanks gordon.
i have bookmarked this link,some of those bikes are amazing i especially liked the milk carrier
kind regards kim

nk

Kim some ads for Bex or Vincents powders in the window would really add to the location and period of the piece, if it is Australia, and also The Truth tabloid...(if you can't belive The Truth, what can you believe)
You may ask yourself: "Well, how did I get here?"

http://public.fotki.com/nkhandekar/

1-32

your so right i have to put a bex sign in.
for those of you who dont know bex it was a powder that you used as a general cure all when you felt rotten,good for colds, flue and head pain you get the picture.how you used use it was to put out your tonge and pore the powder on,foul stuff always have a glass of water close by.long distance truck drivers used to have a trick of washing down bex with a bottle of coco cola .
bex has been banned for 20 years.
kind regards kim

1-32

hello all
well it is world trade from the land of oz.i think we will have to get on our bikes and hit the avenues of trade while there is still time.
my latest photo shows my progress on the flat shop frount that will be at the back of the small display.once again my teckniques are basic nearly stone age.i like walking into art shops and buying what i need fom the special bins.

next project the town square
kind regards kim

finescalerr

Kim, please inform us of your crude, antiquated techniques and materials. I rather like the idea of creating something cool from wood, paper, paint, and a hobby knife. -- Russ

1-32

hello all
these 4 pictures high lite my basic kit of tools,adhesives,paint and materials.this kit has been used for years .
tools

adhesives.
paint

materials

i dont use power tools

1-32

hi all how are you.
at the moment progress on the cargo bike is directed at the base of this small display-210 by210mm [8.5 by8.5 inches]
the base is 2 layers of foam core,this is reduced to 1 layer on the right side.the plan is this area will fall away from the road and is slightly eroded.trenches are cut in the foam core and thin strips of strip wood are taped to the outer edge of the gutter,this will blend into the road base.the gutters will be stone[painted plaster]

the secound picture shows the poured plaster result.basic scribing is carried out while plaster is still wet.next road base and plaster painting
kind regards kim

finescalerr

Thanks for showing your primitive tools and the nice results they are achieving. -- Russ

Seattle Dave

I was messing about on Google, and came up with these.  Might be useful for you, if they attach themselves properly.....

Dave

Dave VanderWal

1-32

hey dave
do you really live in seattle-a very fine city.
ah bex they were the masters of the 15 secound  commercial-take bex more like 5 secounds straight to the point.my grandfather died of kidney diese cause bex.i think the rolling stones wrote their  song
"mothers little helper' about bex.
kind regards kim