• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Aveling Barford Road Roller ....... 1/24 scale

Started by Gordon Ferguson, February 12, 2014, 10:36:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnTolcher

And here an enlarged part of the previous image.
Cheers
John in Australia

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Chuck Doan

I have been watching on FB. Just beautiful work John.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

finescalerr

When I clicked on this thread it took me to this page, not the previous one, so the first thing I saw was the close up of the wheel and louvre. I thought it must be detail on an actual road roller you photographed for reference. Then I went to the previous page and discovered I was looking at a model. Satisfactory. -- Russ

Design-HSB

Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Bill Gill

John, you are giving Gordon's excellent worn model amazing 'old life'.

lab-dad

I hope there will be information forthcoming as to the methods used to get these amazing results.............

Mj

Bill Gill

"I hope there will be information forthcoming as to the methods used to get these amazing results............." Marty
me too!!

Hydrostat

John,

this is very convincing work. Back then I thought this was going to be a model of an operational prototype, but you made it rather look like an abandoned machine. Very nice! I had the same impression like Russ when first visiting the page.

Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

1-32

LesTindall

Ooooh!, that is absolutely superb weathering, tell me more
Les

JohnTolcher

Thanks for your comments!

Some facebook friends pestered me for some how to information, so I made a video. It's actually a method I've shown before here on this forum but videos are always easier to follow.

This is the method for making faded, scratched paintwork. I hope you can see the video if I add it like this....

The dust/ dried mud was achieved using the following method, added here to a WWI tank.
Cheers
John in Australia

5thwheel

Bill Hudson
Fall down nine times,
get up ten.

finescalerr

Hmm, rather a personal question, isn't it? Besides, what if he's bald? -- ssuR

Do I have to stand in the corner now?