• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Another project a V 100 or better BR 212 of the German Federal Railways.

Started by Design-HSB, March 31, 2020, 01:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Bernhard

This is excellent work of precision mechanics! Congratulations.

Bernhard

1-32

Design-HSB

It continues at the bogie.

Here are the parts for the suspension from the brake rod.
On the left, the new now screw-on guide for the axle swingarm.
In the middle the spacer tube, which I took over from the original bogie.
On the right outside, the new holding plate with 4 holes for easier positioning of the suspension.
Among them is the suspension, which has been edited by 3 pages. Because in the end side there are still 2 0.5 mm holes for pins for easier positioning.
In addition, a 3.2 mm section of a 3 mm pipe.

The first two suspensions are now mounted here.
Thanks to the bore in the retaining plate, it could be easily screwed on and nothing had to be soldered with a large flame.
The bore is closed with a plug before painting.
Among them are 2 of the original brackets.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Bill Gill

Your work is very precisely executed and the results are excellent.

finescalerr

Your soldering skills leave me reeling in stunned disbelief. -- Russ

Barney

I agree with all - plus  you metal smiths of the modelling world have certainly set the standards I only have to look at a soldering iron and I get burnt fingers
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

Design-HSB

Thank you and love that you like my work. But I also read a question about my soldering technique and try to explain it here.

This is what the suspensions look like after soldering.
In order for the parts to be soldered cleanly, I tin the contact surfaces beforehand.
Then the tin runs with flame or piston after heating, also exactly where I want it to be.

So that it can continue, it now also goes to the second bogie.
With the flame, I have removed everything I want to renew.
I would like to continue using the pipe frames and the four short pipe pieces.
Anything else does not correspond to my personal ideas.

I want to replace all this on my bogs.
In addition, other parts are missing, especially the brake rod.

Unfortunately, I had to notice with the naked eye that the pipe frame was soldered twisted together.
With the locomotive I had also acquired the soldering gauges for the pipe frame.
Luckily, the frame was easily dismembered and I refocused all the parts, newly in the teaching.
I cleaned the soldering points and thinly tinned them. Then everything heated with a larger flame and I needed to add very little tin.

The soldered frame after soldering, the cleaning flew with me immediately after soldering with a spray water bottle.
As a result, the still warm flux residues are simply washed away.
On the first frame, the outer tubes were made of solid material, which made it easier for me to install the new parts by screwing.
In order to be able to build the second bogie comparable to the first one, I now have to create corresponding filling pieces for the pipe ends.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

finescalerr

An excellent tutorial. Thank you. -- Russ

P.S.: I'd better stick to plastic!

Bernhard

Ray Dunakin

Excellent work. Also, the tubular construction of the bogie is quite interesting -- very different from the bogies commonly seen here in the USA.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Lawton Maner

finescalerr

Lawton Maner

shropshire lad

Quote from: Lawton Maner on February 06, 2021, 08:49:54 AM
Russ:
You have no appreciation for the English language!

Obviously , he's a Merkin !

(Ya can't send me to the corner, 'cos I'm already there )