• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

And now for something completely different

Started by SDwn, July 30, 2009, 11:39:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SDwn

This is a Alco S2 Diesel (a Gilmaur kit) that I painted for a client. I had rub downs made for the lettering, everything else is painted with a combination of Floquil and Model Masters paint and allot of masking. Something a little different but fun and challenging all the same.   Sean

Ken Hamilton

Very nicely done, Sean.  "Just-Right" on the weathering.
Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/

finescalerr

Although it looks beautiful, I somehow miss the exaggerated and meaningless rust streaks, random and illogical blotches of dirt or oil, gratuitous chains, and ornamental antlers. Especially the antlers. -- Russ

MrBrownstone

Looks cool...

I concur with Russ, it seems to be missing that stuff I used to use to tell the difference between real ones and models... (in the right setting I would have to look alot closer than normaly to see if was a model or a real one.)

very well done...

I think ppl tend to forget this type of equipment was so well maintained.
(I had grown up next to a switching yard and I had always seen the engine crew cleaning thier equipment. and they always looked very nice and clean when they left that yard. and when they came into the yard they looked like the model pictured above.)

SDwn

Thanks for your comments and no Russ I did not think about putting antlers on it. I did consider putting a racing stripe down the middle though. I was surprised though in my research that you rarely do see any tools on any of the walkways and as Mike mentioned, how well maintained they were.   Sean

Krusty

QuoteI was surprised though in my research that you rarely do see any tools on any of the walkways

There's a very good reason for that. Has to do with friction (or lack thereof), gravity, inertia and stuff.
Kevin Crosado

"Caroline Wheeler's birthday present was made from the skins of dead Jim Morrisons
That's why it smelt so bad"

John McGuyer

Metalflake racing stripes to go with the antlers. That'll do it! Oh I almost forgot, chrome the exhaust.

John

MrBrownstone

no no....,

You can't chrome the exhaust whithout chroming the trucks, handrails errr I mean chains...  :D

hehehe

Mike