• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Remember the Days

Started by johngeigle, June 07, 2012, 05:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johngeigle

hi Guys,
My first posting here this is a diorama I just finished mostly scratch built in 1/16th scale

chester

Clever and really well done. Thanks for bringing it to us. Welcome.

marc_reusser

Very cool and unique subject. Nicely built, painted, and presented. Like the touch of the cannon ball that fell through the wood decking. Thanks for sharing.

What materials did you use to build this? (Decking and carriage appear to be real wood, and I assume the cannon is resin?)

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

finescalerr

The seagull is a nice touch. -- Russ

Andi Little

Hello John ...............

For a first post that should get everyone's attention, you're no newbie I'll be bound?

I particularly enjoy the tale you tell with the kids doing the whole pirate thing, particularly the paper hat and wooden sword on the boys.
Great paint and texture, and with a sympathetic eye for detail. My only crit' would be that while it has a good central storyline it lacks a greater context. A bit like looking at a picture that has been torn from a storybook.

PS ............... If you're new you might not realise we're allowed to make constructive observations here!! Just so you don't think I'm being snippy.

An impressive first post and one that you will have to top next time round - I started very poorly and improve hardly at all, it saves me the angst.

Well done.
KBO..................... Andi.

lab-dad

Great little scene - made me smile!
Ever since I got my lathe I have wanted to build a cannon, but I would make mine work!
-Marty

shropshire lad

johngeigle

Thanks for the great comments. Andi, I was trying to get that bit of a story look thanks for noticing.
I have been thinking of a whole series of whimsical dioramas hat take me back to my childhood when
we played on the cannons or trains in the park.You know all the places that were not allowed to go to today.
The decking is real wood so is most of the carriage and the Cannon was part of the Verlinden kit until I broke the end of the barrel off trying to drill it so I turned a new one out of the old parts.