• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1:35 Bucket chain excavator Ertmer KB 1

Started by Bernhard, October 27, 2019, 03:54:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernhard

Bernhard

Bernhard

Bernhard

Let's move on to the next project!

Bernhard

Bill Gill

Bernhard, I hope you are not too disappointed that the chain drive isn't fully finctional. In this situation your choice of absolute accurate scale was a good one.
The completed model is fantastic. The fact that it also might have worked is phenominal! Before moving on to your next project I will linger here to admire
what you have built!

finescalerr

See how simple that was?

Now, to amplify what Bill wrote: Your model need not function to be superb. Many stunning models on this forum are static. After all, they are MODELS.

This is a very impressive project. Most satisfactory.

Russ

Barney

iTS FANTASTIC !!! Miniature engineering at its best - just keep the excellent work coming and I agree with others most models don't always have to work
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

TRAINS1941

Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

shropshire lad

I am afraid I have to disagree with the others , and that you have failed miserably . How hard can it be to make it operational ? If they can do it in 1:1 Scale surely you should be able to do it in 1:35 Scale . That is just not good enough . All you can do now is to box it up and send it to me . I will then look after it and examine it in fine detail and will prepare a report to explain where you went wrong . You will then be able to act on my report when you make the next one .

In addition I have in my possession a number of suitable diesel locomotives and skips to build a diorama . This could then go some way to reducing the disappointment of your sub-par model .

Please don't take this as criticism , but we all need to learn from our mistakes .

Nick

Bernhard

Nick, thanks for your generous offer. But I already know what the problem is. It's the rivet heads on the outside of the chain that sometimes hook the guide at the bottom of the bucket ladder when run in. This guide is interrupted at every part of the bucket ladder, which multiplies the problem areas.
But at least the excavator moves back and forth, and the adjustment of the bucket ladder is functional.
And of course I will build a small diorama on which the bucket chain excavator can be presented adequately. I will report about it.

Bernard

finescalerr

Nick, go stand in the corner ... again! -- ssuR

Barney

And Stay there !! and while you are doing nothing build one yourself !!! Or finish off my Keystone Skimmer
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

Ray Dunakin

Even without being fully functional this model is still a marvel to behold! The fault is not in the model but in the fact that real-world physics can't be scaled down to match it.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World