• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Always take the back roads

Started by Hauk, September 18, 2022, 05:09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hauk

Last week I went to check out a building site related to work, and I used the opportunity to take a back road to see if there were some treasures along the road. Indeed it was!

A well-kept tractor, obviously not abandoned:

Proof that the often modeled "tent" effect is not just a myth:

A small sawmill:

All this was found within a distance of 3-4 miles.
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

TRAINS1941

Great pictures!!  Thanks for sharing them.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

finescalerr

Scratchman

finescalerr

Actually nine. One appears twice (and it was worth seeing again). -- Russ

Lawrence@NZFinescale

There's a Facebook group called 'The art of decay NZ' that features photos of this ilk on a daily basis collected by the various members on their travels around New Zealand.  Some real gems amongst the merely average for sure.
Cheers,

Lawrence in NZ
nzfinescale.com

Ray Dunakin

Great pics! The sagging red building, and the abandoned block building in Utah, would both be fun modeling subjects.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Lawton Maner

The first one is Russ' bedroom window.  His housekeeper's last name is Dillon.

finescalerr

The corner beckons, young Lawton .... -- Russ

Hauk

To all, feel free to chip in! Roadside finds or silly comments, thats your choice!
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

Krusty

Not really back roads, but off the main highway and within easy walking distance from home (or were within living memory):

Camborne Track by Krustysimplex, on Flickr

Paremata by Krustysimplex, on Flickr

Bright Building Supplies, Paremata by Krustysimplex, on Flickr

House, Steyne Ave, Plimmerton, 1982 by Krustysimplex, on Flickr
Kevin Crosado

"Caroline Wheeler's birthday present was made from the skins of dead Jim Morrisons
That's why it smelt so bad"

Lawton Maner

I'll pass on the corner!  Nick's is full and the others have scary, heavy set grannies in thongs with bad teeth, saggy bellies, and creepy thighs who are waiting for Russ. 

Scratchman

Here's Ten photos from southwest Wyoming and around Manila, Utah. The train yard is in Evanston, Wyoming

Gordon Birrell

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gordonbirrell/

finescalerr

Thank goodness those old structures still exist. Very few seem to remain in California. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

That brick engine house is a real gem!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World