• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Sandy Hollow

Started by 1-32, November 30, 2020, 05:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1-32

Helmut Guten Morgen thanks for your offer yes definitely but it is going to be a while.
Australia's border closers are just not international but by states also some states have been locked also for a year except for essential trade by permit and most internal air traffic has stopped. We have been completely virus free 3 times and 3 times the country has open internally but then it reappears mostly from return travellers in quarantine which is 16 days locked up. But it has infected hotel workers, ventilation systems at the moment there are snap state closers for 7 days but we are in a lot better position than most. I have a very close friend in Italy that has been very tough for her and has completely wrecked the economy but they are still in good spirits.
Yes, the internet is a pit maybe that is why quality hard copy magazines still exist I include Russes old titles and Roy Links titles rest in piece Roy , you post online and unless you start a conversation it just goes.
Model supplies online no big deal I quite like shopping worldwide online and you can't blame hobby shops for folding when they have to pay rent insurance put up with shoplifters and cranky shoppers and never having the beat products imagine having a hobby shop that could supply all the needs for this forum
Anyway, there is a silver lining to all pandemics it is just hard to grasp at the moment.
cheers

shropshire lad

Quote from: finescalerr on February 13, 2021, 12:11:39 PM
If I want to move to Canada, does that mean I'd have to sneak in? Never mind. I just realized I would never live in any country that would accept me as a citizen. -- ssuR

I guess that is why you are forever condemned to living in the Good Ole You Ess of Ehh !

finescalerr

You might be right, Nick. And, to make matters worse, yesterday President Biden made me go stand in the corner. -- Russ

shropshire lad

Quote from: finescalerr on February 14, 2021, 01:28:57 PM
You might be right, Nick. And, to make matters worse, yesterday President Biden made me go stand in the corner. -- Russ

That's unfortunate . You weren't seen with your MAGA T-shirt on in public again ?

1-32

Hi Nick.
What are you talking about you have lost me?
Have you got any new brickwork I am looking forward to seeing a few new courses of face bricks?
cheers

1-32

Morning all.
Drone time for a bit of an overview of Sandy Hollow.
The area on the right is being developed as a mudflat and a harbor just in its first stage.
cheers.

Bill Gill

Lots a neat textures at every level of view.

finescalerr

What will fit on the far left and left/center? Excellent textures, by the way. -- Russ

Barney

Lovely Textures with prototype thoughts built in ! This is what's it all about
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

1-32

morning
Thanks for the feedback.
Love a drone view perhaps looking at it it is a bit too angler but the floss will break it up. When it is at eye level it takes on an entirely new look getting the most for your buck.
It is a stage that is a base as time goes on models will be added and deleted thus the empty spaces and viewing left to right.
Back fence and the railway enters the house and the lean too with laundry and bathroom. The house fits into the big space and this has a bit of floss around the edge. Front yard and a bit of old concrete for vehicles and luggage and stuff. Moving to the right mudflats with a tide line and finally the swamp surprise I love a good swamp this is 10 mm epoxy resin tinted with vegetation cast in and the rail line. The rail line ends on a wooden steel whalf with another little one for future expansions.The boatload more like a barge load is sugar cane so a few cane wagons in 1/35 scale will be built see it is just a stage.
cheers

shropshire lad

Quote from: 1-32 on February 17, 2021, 01:18:12 PM
Hi Nick.
What are you talking about you have lost me?
Have you got any new brickwork I am looking forward to seeing a few new courses of face bricks?
cheers

Hi Kim ,

I was implying that Russ was a tRump supporter by wearing a Make America Great Again t-shirt . Now we all know that he is far too intelligent to be so gullible as to be taken in by all tRump's nonsense , but why else would Mr. Biden send him to the corner ?

As for seeing some new brickwork , no can do , as I haven't built anything new for some time . However , I have done some concrete block work on a diorama that I have been working on for five years , but I can't post any photos as they are too large .

Looking forward to seeing this model progress .

Nick

finescalerr

Nick, if you can e-mail me your photos I'll reduce them and post them for you. -- Russ

shropshire lad

Quote from: finescalerr on February 19, 2021, 12:58:28 AM
Nick, if you can e-mail me your photos I'll reduce them and post them for you. -- Russ

Okay

TRAINS1941

Quote from: shropshire lad on February 19, 2021, 03:17:30 AM
Quote from: finescalerr on February 19, 2021, 12:58:28 AM

Okay

Nick he can do that he use to be a publisher!!  And he learned that from making books!!  ;)

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

finescalerr

Jerry, go stand in the corner. -- ssuR