• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Sandy Hollow

Started by 1-32, November 30, 2020, 05:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1-32

And here I am at the top of the list again.
All the very best everybody and the best of health.
So the finish of one project and the start of another that was started a while ago.
The first photo is from my former model in a Blue carry case -Sandy Hollow now it is called just Hollow.
Same concept but a much better display. The lighting before was in a state of development now it is of the valence variety and much better. The track is now visible front and back and the model has a new range of detail. All finished and packed away.
Now back to a model that I started a while ago Ackland Coal Loader Australia. I have built the home theater come switching display with all the basic elements. Six pieces total it is all held together with 10 screws and two toggle bolts. It part of my living space completely moduler with a display shelf on top easily moved by one person. Lighting will be daylight tubes. Size 1500,1400 long the base boards 350 wide and the height is 600. Lets see 60,56,14 and 24 inches.
cheersDSC_3941 - Copy.JPGDSC_7669.jpgP1030852.jpgP1030829.jpg

finescalerr

The latest version may be a little more difficult to drag to Europe, don't you think? -- Russ

Bernhard

I love your attention to detail and the atmosphere in your doramas.

Bernhard

1-32

Hi Russ and Bernhard.
No trouble Russ I will just put a sail on it and boat it over. It sure will beat long-haul airlines these days.
cheers

Barney

I can see even more atmosphere coming along here
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

Ray Dunakin

I love that coal loader, it has a makeshift, use-what's-on-hand look to it.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

Yes Ray it is saying I have had enough and I want to retire.

fspg2

Frithjof

1-32

Afternoon you all, looks like the world of fine fiddlers is in good shape.
I really should move on from Hollow three other projects are waiting.
But I needed to add some washing on the line
Hollow a world without electricity  set in Tropical Australia .
cheersDSC_4176.jpg

Bill Gill

Kim, your washing on the line looks very good, but I must question that it is part of a 'world without electricity' because it looks like static cling is what is holding the washing on the clothes line.  :D

finescalerr

Wonderful modeling; excellent lighting and photography. Most satisfactory.

If you are wrapping up Sandy Hollow, could you post an overall shot to show the completed display?

What are your next three projects?

Russ

1-32

Hi Bill and Russ.
I was just writing a reply when Russ came along so good morning.
Bill what we are looking at are pegs for the washing now that is something I dread.
Russ the reality of Hollow it will never be finished, its size means it becomes an addition to the bookcase, and little details can be added it is like an old friend. Turn on the lights and cook dinner.
My three ideas.
A while ago I posted some construction details of a part cyclorama that I was building for my coal mine. Still downstairs 80 percent finished.
When I was adding some more detail to Hollow a friend suggested that one area was not going well. This led to a new wall being constructed but it did not work it was just too old and run down no worries a more conservative item was produced. But this sparked my imagination of doing a whole building completely exposed to the wooden frames which are warped and sinking into the earth.
And the sequel to Hollow a Ghost Train Carnival ride. I like using a 9 mm track on a 1/35 to 1/32 scale it will perfectly suit a dadgum-type car. The landscape would be the ticket office out front behind a curved track and then a giant sideshow structure with lots of fire  action you know the type. Exit on the left and enter on the right. First a ticket office
Anyway off I go cheers

1-32

So here are some ideas or a bit of reference material that I am starting to work on .
Again 1/35 to 1/32 scale on 9 mm track.
A sideshow attraction you can change the attraction.
And yes tiny A3 size 210 mm wide by 297 mm long.
A working sideshow car and as much glitz and kitsch that would put Los Vegas to shame.
Onwards48c317ff37b71422fafc5524cdbfcb3d.jpgmelbourne-australia-06th-dec-2020-front-entrance-with-qr-code-registration-temperature-check-and-ticket-booth-at-the-luna-parkmelbournes-iconic-outdoor-entertainment-venue-luna-park-opened-its-doors-to-visitors-.jpg

1-32

And the photoes?
46df097923bb0849b1075fa3eb8e8b2b.jpg
melbourne-australia-06th-dec-2020-front-entrance-with-qr-code-registration-temperature-check-and-ticket-booth-at-the-luna-parkmelbournes-iconic-outdoor-entertainment-venue-luna-park-opened-its-doors-to-visitors-.jpg

1-32

And the ticket office I will start a whole new topic but what to call it?