• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Sandy Hollow

Started by 1-32, November 30, 2020, 05:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawton Maner

The clothes line in the back yard can be sold as solar as well as wind powered.  Both sources in tandem will dry your clothes, but the one which resembles a TV antenna is more of a challenge and I feel would look better. 

finescalerr

Lawton, somebody should publish a collection of your posts. -- Russ

shropshire lad

Quote from: finescalerr on February 08, 2021, 01:40:39 PM

Unfortunately there are no suitable magazines left to publish them in .

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

Hi all.
Nick when I posted the picture of my brickwork I thought about how good your modelling was especially the brickwork,.My effort is like the example that you see in pictures of building houses in a week using completely unskilled labour to do the bricklaying.
Lawton don't say that I dont do anything for you at the great effort I have expanded the size to fit in a clothesline to be known in the future as Lawton's dirty laundry.
cheers.

Hydrostat

I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

Bill Gill

Good one, Kim :)

Lawton, you are more correct than you might realize. We bought one of those 'TV antenna' clothes dryers about 15 years ago and the box it came in was actually labeled "Solar Clothes Dryer" in bold letters.

1-32

Solar clothes drier I have no idea do you have a picture,
Usually, in this part of the world, solar clothes drier is putting the washing on the line and watching the weather.

Design-HSB

Kim once typed in "Solar Clothes Dryer" on Google and have fun watching how I did what the World Wide Web is all about.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Chuck Doan

This is just wonderful Kim! Great eye for details!
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Ray Dunakin

Kim, the "solar clothes dryer" Bill is talking about is a rack like the one shown here:

https://www.lehmans.com/product/large-deluxe-spinning-clothes-dryer/

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

Thanks.
Now I know it is a Hills Hoist clothesline urban lagend no back yard was without one.
Anyway.
The railway has reached the little river port of Sandy Hollow.

Hydrostat

Kim,

the scene is getting more and more character. Your kind of realism has a strong appeal to me; it's not a "photographic" but rather atmosphere driven approach. Whenever David Lynch decides to produce a third season of Twin Peaks he should ask you for being his scene builder.
This plywood shack is really something.

Cheers,
Volker

P.S.: I forgot to nitpick: To me the corrugated roof's 'waves' seem a bit out of scale, being to small?
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

finescalerr

Volker may have written the best description of what makes Kim's work so terrific. Even though his native language is German, Volker expressed himself in English more accurately than I could. -- Russ

Hauk

Quote from: shropshire lad on February 08, 2021, 03:07:00 PM
Quote from: finescalerr on February 08, 2021, 01:40:39 PM

Unfortunately there are no suitable magazines left to publish them in .

I would think that The Narrow Gauge & Industrial Modelling Review could be interested.
https://narrowgaugeandindustrial.co.uk/
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past