• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

D. Krakow Auto Repair in 1/87 scale

Started by Junior, November 29, 2010, 01:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malachi Constant

Son of a biscuit eater!  Mudgeon's off with the gypsies again ... guess he's trying to work his way over to Anders' place to see how a finished repair shop should look.  (Nice job!)  -- Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Bill Sartore

marc_reusser

Quote from: Malachi Constant on April 13, 2011, 02:15:34 PM
Son of a biscuit eater!  Mudgeon's off with the gypsies again ...

Better watch yourself Dallas...I think Mudgeon and the Gypsies have gotten hold of a Panther tank.

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Junior

Guys, I think this it - all the lights are there except for the lights on the A Ford. Many thanks to all of you who helped out on this project, first of all Dave Krakow www.vectorcut.com who supplied many outstanding parts (some custom made) and knowledge through the entire build - must have been over one hundred e-mails. Chuck Doan for sending me many prototype pictures that eventually resulted in the small building. Christian Jacquet for designing the graphics and Bill Satore www.microlumina.com who provided all the lights and of course all you guys who posted prototype pictures and all sorts of input.

Anders  ;D

Junior

Junior

Junior

Junior

Junior

Junior

Junior

SandiaPaul

There are many, many things right with this project...but one of the best(to me) are the graphics. You have really nailed the signs, and I mean the hand lettered ones. Mostly these are done wrong, and maybe it just maters to someone like me who is interested in typography!

These pics are great too, I'd love to see the viewpoint lowered down to eye level a bit more, it would really put you "in" the scene.

Paul
Paul

TRAINS1941

Anders,

Thanks for the extraordinary trip back in time.  And in HO scale no less!!!

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

chester

Chuck Doan

Those night shots are fantastic. The whole thing has a real, un-contrived feel. Congratulations on a great project Anders!
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/