• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Blunderbuss in 1/12 Scale

Started by Carlo, January 26, 2014, 01:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlo

Hi, all -

I'm finally back into modeling, and here is my latest effort. It's a freelance/caricature flintlock blunderbuss, and it will hang off the rear of my next loco (coming soon), like the gun rack in a pickup truck. It's purpose is to protect the freight and passengers from Italian Bandits, on the new "Ferrovia Regionale di Quercia".

The figure is commercial, with some modifications, and the penny is from my pocket.
All else is scratch built, from mahogany, aluminum, and brass.

Regards, Carlo

P.S. I just noticed that part of the flintlock mechanism (cocking lever) is missing in the photos. It has now been repaired.

Juke Joint

I like it Carlos!  8 gauge outta keep the riff-raff out!  ;D  I'm doing a 12 gauge 1/48 side by side and the project is ...well crapscale :-\.....

Philip

finescalerr

A rather oddly shaped gunstock and it looks as though it is poised to blow off the guy's forearm but I kind of like it. Good to see you back at work. Maybe one of these days I'll get back to the bench myself. I'm actually planning a little diorama.... -- Russ

TRAINS1941

Quote from: finescalerr on January 27, 2014, 01:46:07 AMMaybe one of these days I'll get back to the bench myself. I'm actually planning a little diorama.... -- Russ

Hell now that you don't have a book to publish.  Pictures to re-arrange and script to rewrite.
I thought you'd be going full steam ahead by now!!!!!

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin