• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Some Reference Photos of Decay

Started by marc_reusser, July 29, 2010, 11:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shropshire lad

However , I have a feeling that the frame was purpose built for the compressor . But I could easily be wrong ,

Nick

Gordon Ferguson

Thanks Nick, sorry I missed the opportunity of having to beg you to post photos.

Appreciated that you are often wrong but in this case think you are right (you had a 50/50 chance ;D) frame does look too narrow to ex skip probably just using the technology & knowledge they already had.

Anyway thanks for posting additional photos, looks like a nice weekend project ;) and useful for filling in a corner
Gordon

shropshire lad

Actually , Gordon , there is a photo in one of the early Narrow Gauge & Industrial Review of a small compressor trailer mounted onto a Rugga skip by the simple task of welding a channel to either side of the skip frame .This is a little project I have had in my mind for some time but until now I have lacked photos of a suitable compressor . I guess I don't have any real excuse for not starting now . But don't worry , I'll find one !
   For me this would be rather more than a weekend's work .

Nick