• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Volker Has Written A Book

Started by finescalerr, November 06, 2022, 03:42:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hauk

Excellent news!
Already preordered.
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

Chuck Doan

How awesome! Congratulations Volker!
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Hydrostat

Bernhard, Stuart, Hauk and Chuck,

thank you. Looks like the printed books arrived at the publisher today and will be delivered very soon. Whoever ordered one - I hope you like it!

Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

fspg2

The book just arrived, I'm really excited. Although I've already seen some of Volker's model parts, many things just seem huge... I'm already thinking about whether some of the photos show an original! Even if the text is in German, the pictures speak for themselves!
Frithjof

finescalerr

I have a PDF of Volker's book. I agree with Frithjof: The book is terrific even if somebody were to buy it just for the photos. As I understand it, Volker also will sell some stand-alone photos from the book. They may appear at art or photography galleries or shows. If I'm wrong, I'm sure Volker will correct me. -- Russ

Hydrostat

Russ is completely right and if he wasn't, I wouldn't dare to signify that, according to the imminent corner.

The last photo exhibition was just some two weeks ago in Wiesbaden within Tatorte Kunst with some 50 artists opening ateliers, galleries and workshops for visitors. A selection of available premium-quality produced, numbered, signed and certified photos can be found at my website quiet-earth.net

And yes, I'm still into modeling.

1668692733338b.jpg

Those are some of roundabout 250 draw-hooks to fill some of the pickling baskets. This is the pickled version. May I say mixed pickles?

Cheers,
Volker

finescalerr

That photo might qualify for appearance at a gallery. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

If you hadn't said it was a model, I'd have thought it was a prototype photo.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

Hi Volker I would have expected nothing less,with you past experience with graphic design and your attitude towards modelling the outcome had to be satisfactory,congratulations. Cheers Kim

Hauk

A very fine book!
This is the kind of book that I show to non-modellers if they make comments about 'Grown men playing with train sets'.
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

Frank65

My copy arrived today and it is absolutely impressive on every level: the photos, the steps to create the model, the large format, the paper feels lovely, the obvious care given to the project. The many skills involved in its creation are beautifully depicted. I couldn't have imagined something so comprehensive but it's in my hands now. It's amazing! The introduction and foreword don't detract either! 

Bernhard

My children gave me Volker's book for Christmas. I can only recommend it! Volker not only shows excellent model building, he also breathes atmosphere and life into his models.

Bernhard

nk

A little slow off the mark...but I just ordered mine and cannot wait to pore over the pages. I know what a lot of work it is to produce a book. Thanks Volker for taking it on for us to enjoy.
You may ask yourself: "Well, how did I get here?"

http://public.fotki.com/nkhandekar/

nk

My copy arrived on Friday and I have spent all weekend looking at the photos. What a great book! Congratulations Volker, I especially liked the framed photo of Volker in the director's office. In some ways Volkers exacting work is a record of a town that is changing, but caught in scale in amber. It's an historic document. I was also very glad to see an intro by Russ, and to hear his words of wisdom backed by decades of modelling. I am deeply impressed.
You may ask yourself: "Well, how did I get here?"

http://public.fotki.com/nkhandekar/

Hydrostat

Thank you all so much for your kind words - much appreciated! I know that despite the large amount of pictures the language barrier is or at least can be a huge obstacle. Whenever I'may get an opportunity to make an english version I'd go for it.

Cheers,
Volker