• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/35 Scale & Larger; Diorama and Detail Parts & Accessories

Started by Malachi Constant, July 16, 2011, 04:22:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shropshire lad

Quote from: Malachi Constant on September 19, 2012, 07:24:08 AM
Quote from: shropshire lad on September 19, 2012, 07:10:24 AM
Well , Dallas , you could ask them yourself if they would make a mould for half bricks . But it would only be worth their while if there was some prospect of selling more than just a few of those moulds , and I'm not sure that they would . But don't rely on what I say because they may be willing to do one just for you . Seeing as it is you !

Yeah, I am "special"  :D   8)  :P ... but I don't think I'll bother them with this, cuz you've already got them coming out with lots of neat stuff.  I made a batch of bricks in resin, so if cutting them turns out to be too much of a chore, I'll cut a bunch of those and make a mold myself (which won't stop me from buying from DD ... have a BUNCH of their molds on my wish list!)

Thanks for your efforts in prompting the various crazy new molds -- lots of neat stuff!  -- Dallas

They also make a mould for 9" square floor tiles . The original idea was to make them looking like old terracotta tiles but they could also be used to make black and white ones which might suit your little project .

Nick

Malachi Constant

Indeed!  Anyone who hasn't been to the site VERY recently should go back and have a look ... bunch of new stuff.  My wish list includes the paving stones, curbs, wall stones, various roofing items, etc, etc!  Will "collect 'em all" as funds allow.  ;D  -- Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

marc_reusser

Gordon: yep, that is pretty much the basic info on the slate sizes and application.

Nick: Got this response from Louise at DD today....as you can see she wants you to provide her with some info and photos  ;D ;D

Don't recall ever seeing slate tiles used in that way but like most things you do not see things unless you are aware of it.
We would be interested in seeing photos if you have any.
I know there are three common sizes for slate tiles, so perhaps they are using all three sizes on the same roof as you describe.
Actually Nick Ogden has already suggested making the other size slates.
It would make sense to make the different size slates.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Louise Norris

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Ray Dunakin

Well, I just sent them an email expressing interest in molds for brick courses, and individual bricks, in 1/24th scale.
Maybe if enough people ask they'll do it.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

marc_reusser

Don't forget to tell them Nick referred you. Should garner a response one way or the other ;D
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Malachi Constant

And ... while there may not be many military modelers in 1:24 scale ... it IS the second most popular dollhouse scale.  If they can get themselves "known" amongst this group, then all of the architectural & scenic bits would go well there ... good luck!  -- Dallas

Gordon Ferguson

Quote from: marc_reusser on September 19, 2012, 10:37:36 PM
Don't forget to tell them Nick referred you. Should garner a response one way or the other ;D

I did, the response back from Louise was to ask if the three of us(Nick, Marc & me)were professional model makers as we seemed to know each other ?

After I recovered, I played the sympathy card, yes the other two could be  ;) are but not me I'm just a poor old pensioner ....... So with a bit of luck I'll get special rates, thanks Chaps  ;D

Gordon

shropshire lad

Quote from: gfadvance on September 19, 2012, 11:59:59 PM
Quote from: marc_reusser on September 19, 2012, 10:37:36 PM

I did, the response back from Louise was to ask if the three of us(Nick, Marc & me)were professional model makers as we seemed to know each other ?

After I recovered, I played the sympathy card, yes the other two could be  ;) are but not me I'm just a poor old pensioner ....... So with a bit of luck I'll get special rates, thanks Chaps  ;D

I've already instructed Louise to mollycoddle you because you are a delicate old fogey who has only got his meagre pension to eek out his final days before the care home beckons . So you should be OK !

Gordon Ferguson

Thanks Nick ........ I'm not proud

I see as usual service is first class, arrived back home and the stuff I ordered yesterday is sitting waiting for me
Gordon

shropshire lad

Quote from: gfadvance on September 20, 2012, 07:22:03 AM
Thanks Nick ........ I'm not proud

I see as usual service is first class, arrived back home and the stuff I ordered yesterday is sitting waiting for me

I received one of the 1/48th brick moulds to try out so I shall have a play around with it later ,

Nick

shropshire lad

Quote from: Ray Dunakin on September 19, 2012, 09:42:12 PM
Well, I just sent them an email expressing interest in molds for brick courses, and individual bricks, in 1/24th scale.
Maybe if enough people ask they'll do it.

I have been informed by Louise at DD that they should have a 1/24th scale brick mould ready in about a week , so you had better buy one or three to justify their time and trouble .  Hopefully the bricks will have frogs , but she didn't say one way or the other .

I hope you agree that this is a pretty good turn time from request to product available . Assuming they come up with the goods , but I have no reason to think that they won't .

Nick

Malachi Constant

Eduard #36185 Kitchen Accessories -- these are pre-painted/finished photo-etched stainless steel -- nice!

Eduard web site:  www.eduard.cz

Available from Lucky Model in Japan with free shipping:
http://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=36185

As with all photo-etch, some parts are just too "flat" (like the frying pans in this set) ... put there are things like the knives where they provide additional pieces to give depth.  Printing on the plates and such is rather impressive.  Silverware in TWO styles ... one set with wood handles ... other set has different shapes!

And, of course, every kitchen needs a cuckoo clock!  ;D

Malachi Constant

More photos ... fighting glare from the unfinished stainless steel portions ... silverware with wood handles suffers here a bit from extreme close-up but looks really good at normal viewing ...

Cheers,
Dallas

Ray Dunakin

Great stuff. I wonder if you could shape the fry pans over a buck, without overly damaging the printed surface?
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Malachi Constant

New release from Plus Model -- #207 Railway Carts with Baggage -- 1/35 scale.

Cheers,
Dallas