• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/35 Civilian Vehicles (or Military Vehicles that can be Adapted to Civilian)

Started by marc_reusser, April 21, 2012, 02:57:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc_reusser

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Tom Neeson

And how about this one...coming soon.

Tom
No Scribed Siding!

Malachi Constant

Tom -- I've got my eyes on that one for an upcoming tow truck!  There are also several other versions of the Gaz ... a couple already out ... and they look quite good from the reviews/builds that have already been posted on the military forums.

Here's another:  ICM Models Ford V3000, 1941 production ... this one is already out and widely available ... covered by a number of reviews/builds on the web already.  IIRC, the differences between this and the US version are very slight ... think the US version had a split windshield and some other very subtle differences.

PS -- If you do an IMAGE search for "Miniart Gaz" or "ICM Ford V3000" etc ... you'll quickly stumble onto the review and build threads that have the better photos.  ;)

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Malachi Constant

Miniart has the Harley WLA motorcyles packaged several different ways ... repair crew, MP's and individually ... Anders has shown some of these in his Blacksmith Shop thread ...

Bronco makes the Triumph 3HW's ... which I understand can be converted to the civilian versions fairly easily ...

And Anders "might" be at work on some of the new Diopark Honda's too ...

Again, do an IMAGE search for any of these and you'll find review/build threads with lots of photos ... Dallas

Bexley

Meng modern pick-up. Apparently based on the 1997 Toyota HiLux 4x4 Duel Cab SR5.

Also, Lindberg Models makes quite a few civillian auto plastic models in 1/32. (I tried to find a link to a seller that carries them and allows you to sort by scale, but had no luck. Most of the vehicles are ~30's to 50's era.)
CounterClockwise

Bexley Andrajack

lab-dad

Who makes a good 1:35 motorcycle kit i could cannibalize?
You know, good details and a nice frame so I could show it w/o the engine.
Thinking my "girls" could be using it to construct their flying machine......
-Marty

Malachi Constant

Marty --

I have one of the MasterBox "German Motorcycle Repair Crew" sets stashed for a similar project -- couple of photos below.  It's a BMW R75 with sidecar ... can be built with engine removed, etc.

That version includes figures and some other bits, but it does NOT have the photo-etched wheel spokes.

"Repair" version with extra figures, but PLASTIC wheel spokes (more photos on site):
http://mbltd.info/3560.htm

Regular version of bike with PHOTO-ETCH wheel spokes -- believe everything else is the same, so you could build it in assemblies as shown in the "repair" version:
http://mbltd.info/3528f.htm

Cheers,
Dallas

Bexley

Hm... that underwear guy looks familliar...

The Mini Art US motorcycle (Harley Davison wla) is pretty detailed, too. 120-some parts, photo etch, 3-part tires...
CounterClockwise

Bexley Andrajack

Malachi Constant

Quote from: Bexley on April 22, 2012, 12:54:05 PM
Hm... that underwear guy looks familliar...

Hmmm ... I have that kit ... maybe a rocket-pop zombie is in MY future now!  ;D ;D ;D

Bexley

With Iran so close to going nuclear, Rocket-pop zombies are in everybody's future.
CounterClockwise

Bexley Andrajack

marc_reusser

Anyone have a need for a bunch of what look like really nice 1/35 resin Motorcycle kits?

http://propaganda-kompany.com/110-Moto-1-35

Marc

M-Works

marc_reusser

These are 1/32 kits from ARI. I think they are small enough, and unique enough vehicles that you might be able to pass them off as 1/35. If using figures just use some that are on the large end of the 1/35 spectrum.

The kits ran from $7 to $9 (top one being the 7). They are older molds, and do require some clean-up, and can stand to have some additional and refined detiling done with styrene......but all in all, a heck of a deal, for some very interesting pieces. The top kit (which is the one I will be working with) consists of 25 parts (supposed to be 27, but my kit was missing the 2 windows), and a decal sheet.

M-Works

shropshire lad

Quote from: marc_reusser on October 22, 2012, 02:10:40 PM
These are 1/32 kits from ARI. I think they are small enough, and unique enough vehicles that you might be able to pass them off as 1/35. If using figures just use some that are on the large end of the 1/35 spectrum.

The kits ran from $7 to $9 (top one being the 7). They are older molds, and do require some clean-up, and can stand to have some additional and refined detiling done with styrene......but all in all, a heck of a deal, for some very interesting pieces. The top kit (which is the one I will be working with) consists of 25 parts (supposed to be 27, but my kit was missing the 2 windows), and a decal sheet.

I'm afraid I'm none the wiser . Can't see no photos .

marc_reusser

Well it may be a bit blurry, but I can sure see it. Can also see the attached pic of the sprues.

M-Works

shropshire lad

Quote from: marc_reusser on October 23, 2012, 12:36:09 AM
Well it may be a bit blurry, but I can sure see it. Can also see the attached pic of the sprues.

I can see them now , but there was just a red X before .