• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Photo of The Day

Started by marc_reusser, December 18, 2009, 06:08:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc_reusser

Oh all right....since you guys like things on trucks, here are a couple more.....not as fun as the Baldwin one...but all I could dig up at the moment.

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

ron knepp

Hi,

Attached is another photo of the mini Baldwin. I also
have the Baldwin erecting drawings for this loco if there is
any interest.

Ron Knepp

Scratchman

Ron, another great find. I would be very interested in the drawings. Along with the drawing of the 1917 White Model TAD 20, 3-Ton Chain Drive Truck, in the Sept/Oct. 1991 Gazette. The two together would make a great new project.  If the 3-ton truck is not big enough there is a set of drawings for a 1920 White 5-Ton Model 45 Truck in the gazette also.

Gordon Birrell

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77318580@N00/

marc_reusser

Hi Ron,

Welcome to the forum.

Great Photo!

If you don't mind sharing them, I would definitely be interested in a copy of them. Thanks for the offer.

I look forward to your further participation here.

Marc

M-Works

Ray Dunakin

That tiny Baldwin is my favorite small loco! I've seen both those photos before, I think it was on the 7/8's forum. I really want to make a model of that loco someday.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

RoughboyModelworks

Welcome to the forum Ron. Thanks for posting the photo and yes, I am definitely interested in the drawings if you decide to share them.

Paul

finescalerr

Drawings exist? Well, by all means! -- Russ

ron knepp

Thanks to everyone for the interest. These are the same photos that I had posted on the 7/8th site earlier.
I have a number of others but did not see a lot of interest at the time and did not post them.
I was fortunate a number of years ago to become friends of J.H. Giessel the draftsman from the old Model Railroaders magazine and and man who was an engineer from the boiler design group of Baldwin. These men were good enough to lend me the drawings and I copied them with a 4x5 camera. I was also lucky enough to be able to purchase a number of original Baldwin linens from another friend. These probably should be donated to a museum.

Ron Knepp

Scratchman

Thanks Ron, these will be very helpful.

Gordon Birrell

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77318580@N00/

Jerry Kitts

The two photos of the Baldwin 0-4-0T and the drawings are most interesting. If you have more photos to show I for one would certainly like to see them. I have been lurking for months or is it years and this is the first thing that has really gotten me excited about posting.

Jerry

marc_reusser

Ron,

Thanks so much for posting these. Really great info. Much appreciated.

I look forward to Gordon's build of this loco. ;) ;D

Marc

M-Works

Brent

The Bloedel Donovan Lumber Mills apparently were near Bellingham, Washington from around 1921 - 1945.
A newspaper reported 1600 worked in their mills. It looks like a lot of them were trying to get in this photo!

Brent

RoughboyModelworks

Thanks for posting the drawings Ron... much appreciated.

Paul

SandiaPaul

Another thanks for the drawings, and Id love to see more of them!

Paul
Paul

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World