• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Fn3 EBT steel flat # 108

Started by Geoff Ringle, January 26, 2010, 12:22:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff Ringle

Quote from: gfadvance on January 27, 2010, 08:56:43 AM
.... as there are a few how did you do the rivets , are they individual or stamped in ?

Gordon

Individual rivets.  I've made a variety of templates and use a hand held miniature variable speed drill.

Geoff

SandiaPaul

Where did you get the rivets?

Thanks,

Paul
Paul

Geoff Ringle

In general, the EBT used rather large rivets.  For the flats, most of the rivets are brass escushion pins with a .065 D head & .035 D shank.  Sorry, I can't find the supplier that I used.

For "real" miniature rivets with a more spherical head... here is one source that I have used... very nice and a lot of sizes: http://scalehardware.com

Geoff

John McGuyer

I particularly like that die you made for the stakes. You even put the dimples in them. That is one of those little things that sets a model apart.

Is that little drill the one Micro Mark advertises? How do you like it? I made a battery operated pin vise, but it just lacks the power to do the job.

John

Geoff Ringle

Yes, the drill was from Micro-mark, but I believe that it has been discontinued... too bad, as it one of my favorite tools for model making.  Small & maneuverable, it takes the place of a pin vice in most situations... the chuck holds bits down to .020 D or so.  The speed control is on the transformer, so the trigger is simply on/off.

Geoff

Geoff Ringle

I finally got around to finishing off the EBT flats by adding the steel strips that hold down the deck boards.   Tedious work, here is #73... Geoff

Ray Dunakin

Tedious work, but the results sure look good!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

RoughboyModelworks

finescalerr

You have been a very busy lad. -- Russ

marc_reusser

Wow.  Beautiful work and finish.

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

JohnP

Very nice riveting. Your tooling skills are well developed; simple but effective. It would be nice to see more of your tooling ideas.

Overall, you have made the basic flat car a beautiful and elegant model.
John Palecki