• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

HUFFKINS Mine

Started by Barney, January 04, 2018, 12:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

Les - Domed ends don't seem to be excessive on this little trammer more of a chamfer on the edges on other versions like the Porter or Eimco they do cause a bit of a problem being very domed  either a Lathe job or one of the many sizes from the plastruct range they do Hemispherical domes ranging from 9.5mm dia to 38.1 mm dia supplied by EMA Model Supplies in the Uk email - sales@ema-models.com - www.plastruct.co.uk  these domes fit there range of Acrylic Rod and Tubes -LEGO also do a few domes but the sizes are limited and Grandt Line Products do a couple of domed ends for there tank cars a 72in( no'11) and 77in (no'12 ) thats in 1/4scale best option I would think is the Plastruct version they cover more sizes - but for my little beast its a quick chamfer or the edges
Barney

Barney

Pages fROM the catalogue

Barney

the domes page

Barney

they do them in clear acrylic  to

Barney

Detailing nearly there - Im now using MasterClub nuts/bolts & rivets very clean castings and a wide range now available

Barney

A few weeks time should have all the info on the engine so in the meantime on with the compressed air loco
Barney

finescalerr

Thank you for the two references. Grandt Line used to have some nice molded rivets and nut-bolt-washers but their tooling wore out, quality declined, and many parts have disappeared from the catalog.

The model looks beautiful (as usual).

Russ

Design-HSB

Barny, you just have a fabulous productivity, with excellent results.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

finescalerr

How on earth did they manufacture them back then without LEGOs? -- Russ

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Ray Dunakin

I've been away from the forum for a few days so just getting caught up. Marvelous work as usual, very sharp! 

I've never heard of that square piston Dake engine before. What an odd contraption!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

LesTindall

Barney
thanks for the info on the domes, you are a "mine" of information

Les

Barney

RIX compressed air loco nearly there - unsure of some bits plenty of descriptions but still only one photo ! modifications of seat foot rest and gear cover - just found out position of the exhausts are so thats next

Barney

mega rivets by Tichy Trains