• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

The Hornethopter [Green Hornet]

Started by FichtenFoo, August 27, 2011, 12:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FichtenFoo

Chicks dig giant robots.

finescalerr

It's worth checking out the link, guys. -- Russ

FichtenFoo

Thanks Russ!

More updates here on my personal site. Picking out details in brass and did the first pass of oil-paints on the figures. (the pants will be black/yellow striped)

http://fichtenfoo.net/blog/tag/the-hornethopter/

Chicks dig giant robots.

Tom Neeson

Wow, this is really cool. How will you fill in the wings...MicroScale Kristal Klear?

The finish looks great, do you happen to know a US source for Mr. Metal Color?

Tom
No Scribed Siding!

FichtenFoo

The wings are pretty big, about 4+ inches for the larger ones. The kit will come with a sheet of clear plastic to sandwich between the two mirrored layers of each wing.

Look for them at hobbywave.com and I think "red frog" hobbies had it too.
Chicks dig giant robots.

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

JESTER

Nice! I've never tried that metal paint. Is it comparable to the Testor's Metalizer paint?

FichtenFoo

Quote from: JESTER on August 30, 2011, 08:08:09 AM
Nice! I've never tried that metal paint. Is it comparable to the Testor's Metalizer paint?
No idea... never tried the Testors.
Chicks dig giant robots.

Malachi Constant

Cool!  You gonna do some iridescent treatment on all those little eyeball panels?

Them purdy yeller pants are the bee's knees!  :)

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

FichtenFoo

Quote from: Malachi Constant on August 30, 2011, 12:47:16 PM
Cool!  You gonna do some iridescent treatment on all those little eyeball panels?
heh heh... did that last night. PearlEx powders for the win!
Chicks dig giant robots.

mad gerald

Michael,

I'm just curious, if the hornet crew is (as always) a wholly own creation ... and how can you be such creative/where do you get your inspiration from ...  ???

I'm already glad if I can manage to glue the parts together properly, but creating such characters, especially like this 2 guys (or your 1/12 mechanics) appears as a miracle to me ...  :o :o

FichtenFoo

Thanks! Yeah, they're my creations. I was inspired by art-deco and early aviator stuff, steampunk cosplay (people that make and dress up in steampunk outfits), and my own random notions like the pants. I liked them as a contrast to the tailored leather jacket.

The mechanics are just random. I wanted some silly not-so average Joes who weren't the typical average handsome male figures.

Honestly though, I consider myself *maybe* an average figure sculptor. I can do stuff, but I know full well that there's MANY people out there than can and do do it better. I hope to get closer to that someday.
Chicks dig giant robots.

Tom Neeson

Thanks Michael, found the paints at Hobbywave.

Tom
No Scribed Siding!

Ray Dunakin

I would say your figure sculpting skills are well above average!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

FichtenFoo

Other people make it look so easy though and I have a hard time with really crisp edges on smaller items like pocket flaps and such. I probably just need more experience.

Although I'm also always concerned about my model masters too. I'm my own worst critic... just as I should be. ;)
Chicks dig giant robots.