• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/35 Scale & Larger, Civilian Figures

Started by marc_reusser, April 01, 2011, 11:56:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Dunakin

I think the problem with "large scale" figures (1/24th, G, 1:20.3 etc) is that the market is so small, few companies will spend the money for high quality masters. Thus there are few quality figures to choose from, and lots of lower quality stuff.

On top of that, many folks in the larger scales are not very choosy to begin with, so there are plenty willing to buy caricatures and amateurish figures.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Malachi Constant

Two new vintage female figures in 1/35 scale from Aurora Model:
http://aurora-model.jp/e-military.html

ML-047 is ye olde "bombshell" as shown above (which makes it somewhat military related)  ;)

ML-048 is a more demure flapper

I've gotten one other figure from Aurora before ... worked out cheaper on shipping to order thru their ebay store ... figures are nicely sculpted, cast in metal.  Cheers, Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

shropshire lad

Now here is an up and coming figure that every red blooded male should buy . Even if they don't model in 1/35th scale .

We will then , of course , require her friend , Rosie The Rivetter !

Nick

marc_reusser

That one is definitely on my list.....but I am also eagery anticipating this figure set (designed by Christophe Desse), should be part of the upcoming "Red Star" kit, also from Industria Mechanika. [The "Red Star" will be a definite buy for me.)

More pics, info on the two figure sets, and release date can be found here on the iM site: http://industriamechanika.com/blog/tag/red-star-flyer/
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Andi Little

Damn! .................. I could so easily be seduced by this type of modelling. The subject matter appeals on most levels, I love the caricature and the whimsy, and the quality of the original modelling is exemplary.
I think there's simply an element of desire and ownership in there too.............. fantastic.

(I've always wanted to build the "flapper" as well - but could never track an example down - for shame)
KBO..................... Andi.

marc_reusser

Quote from: Andi Little on March 07, 2012, 01:38:05 PM

(I've always wanted to build the "flapper" as well - but could never track an example down - for shame)

The Flapter is awesome...if you find one , I'll wrestle you for it.  ;D

M

M-Works

Malachi Constant

Nick's taste in figures is better than Marc's!  ;D  -- Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

Junior

I agree Dallas  ;D ;D! Maybe I can find a job for Sacha in my bike shop  ???! Great figure and thanks for posting.

Anders

marc_reusser

For those that model 1/32,....through a happy set of circumstances, Michael has 16 or so left, of the Sasha figures  in 1/32.

Link to page to order:

http://industriamechanika.com/blog/shop-industria-mechanika/sasha-the-welding-girl/

Marc

M-Works

Bexley

Ooh, how did I miss these? Just picked up two. (In 1/35.)
CounterClockwise

Bexley Andrajack

Mr Potato Head

Thanks "M" I orderd one in "Bastard" scale  ::)
MPH
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

darrylhuffman

I really appreciate all the time and effort everyone has put into this thread.

I wonder how we ever built models without the internet.

Darryl Huffman
darrylhuffman@yahoo.com
The search for someone else to blame is always succcessful.

1-32

thanks for the info -sash is now in a dash over the pacific to make a guest appearence at the Blue Top Salvage company
regards kim

BKLN

I just came across this amazing Modelkasten kit for some truly lovely ladies. Who could resist some Frauleins with Machinguns.

mad gerald

Quote from: BKLN on March 21, 2012, 08:41:02 AM
I just came across this amazing Modelkasten kit for some truly lovely ladies. Who could resist some Frauleins with Machinguns.

... muahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ... (sorry, couldn't help laughing out loud) ... reminds me of the song "Bikini Girls With Machine Guns" performed by The Cramps ....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fyr0zbaFyE

Cheers

Gerald (still chucklin')