• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

35n2 Loco Bash -- "thinking out loud" (1/35 scale)

Started by Malachi Constant, June 11, 2011, 09:12:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malachi Constant

Michael --

Thanks ... and, ditto what Anders and Russ said.  Dave ("DaKra") of Vector Cut makes a neat assortment of goodies.  Photo below shows a sheet of photo-etched parts (brass) alongside two different-size sets of Vector Cut nuts & bolt heads (tan sheets).  I think he also makes the washers in a separate paper-thin sheet now too, which would be good for stacking parts.

And, he's got various gears and bits and so forth ... have a look thru the HO and O scale parts for various items that will prove useful in various scales.  He has also done custom bits for Anders, myself and other members of the forum ...

Cheers,
Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

danpickard

Any further time for this lately Dallas?  I'll probably be riding this PB loco again in a few weeks, so though I might check in...

Dan

Malachi Constant

Hi Dan --

I was working on this while "stalled" on the 1/35 cafe ... that's going again, so this project is back on hold until the next "occasion" ... have given more thought to it though ... also thought of a potentially interesting display.  When I lived in Boulder, Colorado, there was a park with an old C&N / DB&W 2-8-0 loco on display with a car or two and a short length of track ... with a plaque ... something like that might be interesting.  Meanwhile, glad to be rolling on the cafe again ... hope that continues for a while ... then back to this when able.

Cheers,
Dallas

Malachi Constant

This site has HUNDREDS of photos of a pretty little outside-frame 2-4-0, including loads of detail and close-up shots:
http://www.thorsteamworld.com/photos/pv.asp?pid=1365

Cheers,
Dallas

marc_reusser

Fantastic site, thanks! Exactly what I needed for reference images for my "abandoned 2-8-0 project".

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Ray Dunakin

Holy cow, that is the most thoroughly photographed loco I've ever seen! I don't think they missed a single detail. And what a beautiful little loco. I sure hope someone restores it, or at least preserves it.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

W.P. Rayner

Excellent link Dallas... loads of useful reference photos. Too bad all of our favourite locos aren't documented this thoroughly. Thanks for posting.

Paul