• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Sandy Hollow

Started by 1-32, November 30, 2020, 05:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fspg2

Kim, just awesome, your little scenes - I like to watch!
Frithjof

1-32

Thanks all.
Moving along the water and the jungle on the shore is finished.

Hauk

Quote from: 1-32 on February 23, 2021, 12:36:47 PM
Thanks all.
Moving along the water and the jungle on the shore is finished.

I have never  been to Australia, but I still feel the scene has a a very distinct  Australian feel. And I really love the purple building! Very inspiring work!
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

Carlo

Kim, this looks great!
Please share your water techniques and materials.
Carlo

1-32

Hi Hauk.
Yes Australia is a big influence I live in a very big city but it is very easy to connect especially the colours are amazing nature can knock you out very quickly
You live in Norway in a very rugged beautiful world I am also overwhelmed by this world and would find it very difficult as having no experience with such a world.
The biggest comment about Australia is that it is a dangerous world yes it is but you have the skills and experience to deal with it.
cheers

1-32

Hi Carlo.
My water is epoxy resin tinted with proper resin tinting colours, a very easy product with no nasty smells.
1 part hardener 2 parts resin be careful with the tints they are very intense.
The most important part is that it has to be fresh they say the resin has a shelf life of at least 12 months I throw it out after 9 months. If it not fresh it won't set then it is a total disaster you have to big it all out and start again..
cheers

WP Rayner

The flotsam and jetsam along the shore are very convincing Kim, as is your water... well done.
Paul

Stay low, keep quiet, keep it simple, don't expect too much, enjoy what you have.

Hauk

Quote from: 1-32 on March 02, 2021, 12:47:47 AM
Here we go, Paul.
Sandy Hollow is heading somewhere I really don't know where that is but hey do you think I am worried.
cheers

Its a very nice engine, but it looks a little depressed?
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

1-32

hi Hauk.
The food is really good which makes up for the general run-down nature of Sandy Hollow
cheers

Barney

The water is looking - and the overall effect is looking very realistic - love the little critter
Barney
Never Let someone who has done nothing tell you how to do anything
Stuart McPherson

1-32

Hi Barney.
Could you live there I think it has some electricity anyway I am moving in .
cheers

1-32

Yes, the critter.
My favourite about 15 years old now the mechanism was built by a very talented model builder and I built the body out of styrene it runs beautifully.

finescalerr

I am really enjoying this. -- Russ

shropshire lad

Quote from: 1-32 on March 02, 2021, 11:57:57 AM
Yes, the critter.
My favourite about 15 years old now the mechanism was built by a very talented model builder and I built the body out of styrene it runs beautifully.

Are you talking about Bernard , Kim ?

Nick

1-32