• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Feldbahnmodule with ship

Started by fspg2, April 21, 2011, 12:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernhard

Nice parts!

Bernhard

1-32

Hi Frithjof.
Wonderful.
I really don't think you should paint any of this, just use a bit of solid colour and a styled presentation much like what you would see at a top-line museum.
cheers Kim

fspg2

To drill the six 0.8 mm holes in the "gear carrier tube", I milled a corresponding recess in a 20 mm thick Pertinax plate and inserted the brass part with the long neck facing downwards. Fixing it in place with masking tape was completely sufficient, nothing shifted during drilling on the CNC milling machine.

Antriebszahnrad 12 (fspg2)

The same Pertinax plate also helped with the vertical soldering of the M0.8mm hexagon screws. In the following picture, only a drop of soldering water is missing before the resistor solderer went into action.

Antriebszahnrad 17 (fspg2)

After inserting them into the corresponding holes in the base plate, a first functional test rotation followed.
The result looked satisfactory.

Antriebszahnrad 13 (fspg2)

A Faulhaber geared motor is to provide the rotation.
There is a choice of either a 2225V024S with a 243:1 reduction ratio or alternatively a smaller 1616E018S with a 485:1 reduction ratio.
The animation shows a vertical and a horizontal installation.

Antriebszahnrad 14 (fspg2)

(In the enlargement you can see the details better without disturbances : 1st click on the picture, then a 2nd click in the gallery that appears)

I favored the horizontal installation of the 1616 Faulhaber.
Let's see whether the 15 seconds calculated for a 360° rotation at 18 volts can be achieved - a little mass has to be moved, after all!

Antriebszahnrad 15 (fspg2)

Antriebszahnrad 16 (fspg2)

Here you can see the motor mount for the 1616 Faulhaber motor. The exact alignment of the gear wheels is done later in the crane housing.

Motor Drehachse 01 (fspg2)

Frithjof