• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Sandy Hollow

Started by 1-32, November 30, 2020, 05:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1-32

And the winner is the ever-popular Lister small industrial loco-my version of course.
Tiny for 1/35 scale 60 mm long 34 mm wide and the chassis is 13 mm height.
It uses an ARU power unit on a 16.5 mm track.
It has a coupler pocket if you want to use a Kadee coupler to shuffle a few wagons around.
Metal, plastic and other materials it is part of a complete train,2  wagons and an engine completed length of 220 mm or 11 inches
cheers
lister1.jpg
DSC_2330.jpg
DSC_2367.jpg

finescalerr

Good choice. I prefer it to the loco you drew on the previous page. -- Russ

shropshire lad

Quote from: finescalerr on September 18, 2023, 12:18:54 AMGood choice. I prefer it to the loco you drew on the previous page. -- Russ

As much as it pains me , I agree . Those Listers are great little locos .

1-32

Good morning Russ, and Nick.
Yes, the Lister company is one of the best.
This little loco is an elusive model even though it is very popular.
There was a version produced in 7 mm but it is just too small, no longer produced.
One only model in 1/32 scale did Bernard build it?
And some stunning models on a 16 mm scale, all the detail as you would expect for this scale.
My effort I really wish I was more accurate I think I could retire on this model alone.
But hey let's have some fun,I am already retired
cheers

shropshire lad

Quote from: 1-32 on September 18, 2023, 11:16:26 AMGood morning Russ, and Nick.
Yes, the Lister company is one of the best.
This little loco is an elusive model even though it is very popular.
There was a version produced in 7 mm but it is just too small, no longer produced.
One only model in 1/32 scale did Bernard build it?
And some stunning models on a 16 mm scale, all the detail as you would expect for this scale.
My effort I really wish I was more accurate I think I could retire on this model alone.
But hey let's have some fun,I am already retired
cheers

Hi Kim ,

The 7mm scale version was original produced by Roy Link and later by KB Scale , but I don't think they are doing much with Roy's range these days . If they ever did .

I don't know if Bernard has made a model in 1/32nd , I certainly haven't seen it if he has , though it could easily have been sold before I knew him . Maybe his arch nemesis in New Zealand has made one . Again I don't really know .

I am sure you will make a fine model of the wee beastie in your own inimitable style !

1-32

Thank you Nick.
Now a bit of ancient History maybe you can fill in some details.
About 15 years ago a major collector this is the part that I can't remember, his name?
Anyway, he was communised with the best loco builders to build one-off narrow gauge locos on a 1/32 scale, yes they were expensive but really great.
He passed away at an early age and his wife put the collection online to sell.
We all put bids on to buy the Lister.
But she sold the entire collection to one individual to be never seen again.
Do you know this story?

shropshire lad

Quote from: 1-32 on September 18, 2023, 04:32:33 PMThank you Nick.
Now a bit of ancient History maybe you can fill in some details.
About 15 years ago a major collector this is the part that I can't remember, his name?
Anyway, he was communised with the best loco builders to build one-off narrow gauge locos on a 1/32 scale, yes they were expensive but really great.
He passed away at an early age and his wife put the collection online to sell.
We all put bids on to buy the Lister.
But she sold the entire collection to one individual to be never seen again.
Do you know this story?

No, I am not familiar with that story, but I am hardly the most knowledgeable person on what goes on in this alternative little world we inhabit .

Krusty

That sounds like Mike South's collection. Most of it eventually ended up with Craig the Canadian. He posts occasionally on the ngrm forum.

I did artwork for Paul Berntsen to have some of the awkward bits on a Lister etched and he may well have built one for Mike. I vaguely recall Paul building a 1:19-scale one for himself at one time.

There was a woman in England threatening to produce a 1:24 resin kit a few years ago, but I think she got a job instead.
Kevin Crosado

"Caroline Wheeler's birthday present was made from the skins of dead Jim Morrisons
That's why it smelt so bad"

1-32

Morning.
YES Krusty of course Mike South, if I remember he lived around Calgery.
I think I have seen a picture of the collection post-Mike South I was a bit disappointed that the landscape did not reflect the quality of the locoes.
Cheers

1-32

Here we go.
Kims Lister.
There is no way I could build an exact copy but as usual, they are my models thus the name.
It has the main element of the original a small engine housing that is removable to access the engine.
So onwards so far a very enjoyable project.
cheers
DSC_2425.jpg

finescalerr

So should we consider this a Lister Sister?

Okay, I'll go stand in the corner now.

Russ

1-32

Mr Kims Lister 
is now ready for a bit of colour.
I have dreamed up this simple world that I will build this will be part of it but first I will finish the complete train.
cheers
DSC_2479.JPG

1-32

Hi all how are you all doing, looking forward to winter maybe not?
Moving along with Mr Kims Lister.
I needed a home so a caravan and a nice shed will fit the image very well.
The setting is a whalf with a small narrow gauge line terminating there.
The shed business and the caravan are all one family, cash only and boat hire by the hour.
Of course, there is room for a nice little boat.
I have got the little engine going the mechanism is perfect.
it is all a stand-alone display size 400 mm long,200 mm wide and the water level is 40 mm-16 inches,8 inches and 2 inches.
cheers
DSC_2612.jpg
DSC_2629.JPG

finescalerr

So this scene won't be part of your L-shape layout? -- Russ

1-32

Hi Russ how are you.?
My intention was to have all this as part of the wall L unit, and it will go there but maybe not in this configuration.
First I wanted to build something as simple as possible, something to fit this basic little loco of mine. Caravans and sheds have always been a favourite,you have to be able to muck around.
This boat has also come up I will post a picture
cheers