• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Jacq's Logging Project Discussion

Started by marc_reusser, February 27, 2008, 05:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordon Ferguson

Quote from: shropshire lad on February 15, 2013, 09:44:26 AM

That's fine by me . Next time I'll just sit back and watch you get on with it whilst drinking your beer .

Sounds familiar !

;D ;D
Gordon

shropshire lad

Quote from: gfadvance on February 15, 2013, 09:48:26 AM
Quote from: shropshire lad on February 15, 2013, 09:44:26 AM

That's fine by me . Next time I'll just sit back and watch you get on with it whilst drinking your beer .

Sounds familiar !

;D ;D

Yup , and I shall be putting it into practice next month at your house . So get them beers warmed up .

Alan Rees

Lahnstein, the first exhibition for us of 2013 was a great success. The latest concepts from Marcel and Jacq were revealed as a new simple, back to basics approach.

Marcel's train:

and, thanks to bricks provided by Nick, Jacq's latest Mill:

finescalerr

Superb. Both have attained new heights. -- Russ

Design-HSB

I have to know me very happy Jacq and Allen.

After visiting the excellent condition, with me left open the question of why are these lovingly inserted figures.

Jacq's Logging Project.

Jacq's Logging Project Alan and Jacq after Work in the backstage area.
I really suspect that this huge water bottles are to blame for the smooth construction of the layout?
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

jacq01

QuoteI really suspect that this huge water bottles are to blame for the smooth construction of the layout?

The hammer in the photo had a bigger impact than the bottles  ;) ::)

Presently the layout is being prepared for the Railex 2013 show in Aylesbury 25-26 May.
Luckily Bernard was able to repair the gears on the driven bogie of the 3 cyl shay.
I am waiting for a new decoder as the wires worked loose due to movement between bogie and decoder.  >:( :-\
A new servo for a point will be installed this week, the old one stopped working in Goes so the unloading of logs was only possible from one side.
The 3 truck Climax has a new decoder and is under control again, as it sometimes started running at random !  
The Westside Lumber Plymouth Milwaukee will have its first run.

AND a start has been made with the 1:35 Feldbahn project  ;D ;D

It feels good to be back in modeling again.

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

artizen

Jacq - it was really great to meet you in Melbourne. Looking forward to seeing the build of the new 1:35 Feldbahn.
Ian Hodgkiss
The Steamy Pudding - an English Gentleman's Whimsy in 1:24 scale Gn15 (in progress)
On the Slate and Narrow - in 1:12 scale (coming soon)
Brisbane, Australia

danpickard

Great to hear Jacq...that brought a smile to my face  ;D

Cheers,
Dan

TRAINS1941

Great to hear you have started the new project.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Chuck Doan

Me too! So nice to see you up and about again.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

finescalerr

michael mott

Just catching up again!

QuoteQuite unlike the 2x boards the modelling dork used to move his 20' long 2' diameter logs.

Marc You do have a way with words. It made me smile.

Anyone looking at the historic photographs of the west coast logging and the size of those trees might just wonder how long we have left of the plundering.

Michael   

marc_reusser

Quote from: michael mott on May 21, 2013, 06:35:08 PM

Marc You do have a way with words. It made me smile.

Michael  

Thank you Michael, I have often been told (in my own mind) that I am quite mellifluous and eloquent. (though I believe my wife tends to call it "grating and verbose".)   ;D
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

finescalerr

I have always liked your wife. -- Russ

k27rgs

Hi Jacq.   Could you email me off-line.

modvid@westnet.com.au

Need to discuss something that we talked about during your recent Australian visit.

cheers all

Mario Rapinett

http://www.modvid.com.au/html/body_worldwide__miniatures.html