• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Chamonix Mont-Blanc

Started by Sami, January 27, 2024, 11:24:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sami

Hi guys,

Building a layout to our approach requires a lot of time and energy and at the moment I don't motivation for my project "Quai des Antilles".
I decided to do a break for the moment.

I've other project of vignette at 1/35 scale.
I like the moutain and in France we have the Mont-Blanc massif located in chamonix, world capital of mountaineering. I know this place well since I go there often on holidays.
I decide to build a cairn with a small of its environment located at Brevent moutain pass above Chamonix.

1000005181_edited.jpeg
IMG_20240116_071956.jpg

finescalerr

You might consider modeling the finish of a Tour de France stage up there .... -- ssuR

Sami

Yes Russ !
But it's difficult to go up there with the road bike. It's possible with a mountain bike and it is especially a place of passage for hiking in summer.
1706559526259.jpg
1706561639952.jpg

finescalerr

Chris Froome could go up there with a road bike. Remember when his bike got damaged in the Alps and he ran and pushed it ahead of him? -- Russ

Sami

Russ, I found the video of Chris Froome I couldn't remember.

I finished to build the cairn and I tried to make a rocky ground. The rocky ground and cairn are not yet painted.

IMG_20240407_185024.jpg
IMG_20240407_183212.jpg

Peter_T1958

Oh, I love such strange modelling subjects! And modeling a cairn is more then unusual ...
Though the implementation is absolutely amazing. And I am looking forward to the first layers of colour!
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" -Leonardo Da Vinci-

https://industrial-heritage-in-scale.blogspot.ch/

finescalerr

Nice work ... and I'm glad you found the Chris Froome video. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Even without paint it already looks really cool!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Peter_T1958

Sami, and if I was googling right, you must be rather well on foot to reach this mountain pass over narrow gravel paths  :o 
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication" -Leonardo Da Vinci-

https://industrial-heritage-in-scale.blogspot.ch/

Sami

Thank you guys !

Yes Peter it's not possible for a cyclist to go here. I know the place and I will spend this summer on foot.

I didn't like the first try And the painting which I did this week.
I did it again and I added more rocks.

1713030383583.jpg

I found other photos in my archives for inspiried. It's me on the second photo.

P1000450.jpg
P1000452.jpg

Sami

Second try transformed !
Black, grey and white for the primer, three shades of grey and two other colors for the painting.
I used only airbrush for this work.

RSCN8433-copie.jpg

finescalerr

Excellent match. Nice work. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Stuart

Sami

Thank you guys !

I finished to paint the cairn and I post some photos of painting work (primer and painting).
FSCN8459-copie.JPG
FSCN8466-copie.jpg
1713979652128.jpg

I will continue with the construction of the sign.