• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Recent posts

Modellers At Work / Re: Feldbahnmodule with ship
Last post by finescalerr - Today at 12:14:53 AM
Satisfactory, of course. -- Russ
Last post by fspg2 - April 16, 2024, 01:09:57 PM
Merci
@Bernhard
There are many pulleys available from various suppliers, for example: click

or click

After I wrote the other day...
QuoteAs the ball cutter was firmly clamped in the top slide (and was not turned by a small drilling machine), the main work was carried out by only one (here left) cutting edge.

..I had already machined the second rope pulley a few days ago with my old Proxon milling machine.
I had clamped it crosswise in the Multifix quick-change system in a special holder with 43mm neck.

Seilscheibe_14 (fspg2)

The result looked better right from the start.

The last few days went by very quickly - but little was done. As already mentioned, the small parts require an enormous amount of time.

On the prototype, nuts with 20mm [size=85](21mm)[/size] threads have a height of 18.0mm [size=85](19.4mm)[/size].

Various suppliers offer brass model nuts with a high head and or flat head ...... However, both versions of the 1.0mm nut have the same height of 1.0mm.
After the first trial assembly, this height seemed too high to me. So I drilled fifteen 1.0mm holes in a 3.0mm MS58 remnant and inserted an M1.0mm bolt with a (too high) nut in each.

Two 0.8mm brass strips and 240 grit sandpaper were glued to the sides of a dressing board that had been built some time ago.

runter von der hohen Mutter 1 (fspg2)

The surface grinding was carried out with even pressure until the remaining piece scraped along the two lateral guides.

runter von der hohen Mutter 2 (fspg2)

ere again the comparison with 1.0mm and 0.8mm nuts:

runter von der hohen Mutter 3 (fspg2)

runter von der hohen Mutter 4 (fspg2)

Today I started on the four running wheels. These are guided on both sides by 2mm x 5mm x 2.5mm deep groove ball bearings. The diameter is 12.0mm with a tread width of 3.0mm. The total width with collar is 6.0mm.

Münzelkran Laufrad 01 (fspg2)

MS58 in the dimensions: 45.0mm x 40.0mm x 6.0mm, which was positioned in a milled pocket in the MDF material, serves as the base material.

Münzelkran Laufrad 02 (fspg2)

Various 2.0mm rivet pins were once again used for precise alignment on both sides, while small screws prevented wobbling during milling.

In the following photo, most of the fastening screws have already been removed.

Münzelkran Laufrad 03 (fspg2)

The milled outer diameter here is still 12.3 mm and will be brought to the final dimension of 12.0 mm on the lathe in the next step.

Time required with milling data creation and milling around 2.5 hours - costs significantly cheaper than 3D printing at shapeways (here around € 72.00 for delivery on May 14, 2024).
General Forums / Re: Need Some Advice
Last post by Lawton Maner - April 15, 2024, 10:35:09 PM
I don't think veneer would work because the material to be modeled is the bark of the tree which never looks like the wood inside.  The suggestion for water colour paper will do quite fine.  I only need to find sheets which resemble the cambium layer inside of the bark so I only need to finish one side.  Wetting and wrapping around a dowel once dry will give the curl in a finished piece. 
The idea of using real bark from something such as azalea, crepe myrtle, or the bark of a young poplar for the top of the load will make it more realistic.
Modellers At Work / Re: Luke's Garage & Gas Statio...
Last post by Ray Dunakin - April 15, 2024, 10:26:50 PM
Those look really sharp!
Dioramas / Re: Chamonix Mont-Blanc
Last post by Stuart - April 15, 2024, 08:48:03 PM
Looks good.
Last post by finescalerr - April 15, 2024, 08:40:04 PM
Perfect. -- Russ
Last post by Stuart - April 15, 2024, 02:47:29 PM
The brake lever and brake band have been printed and temporarily applied to the winch just to see how it all works out.

Winch w- brake lever & brake belt.jpg
Last post by Bernhard - April 15, 2024, 10:06:58 AM
Perfect work again, Frithjof. I find the turning of the grooves in the pulleys particularly interesting. I need a lot of similar pulleys for my project.

Bernhard
Last post by Ray Dunakin - April 14, 2024, 11:52:21 PM
Much better!
Last post by finescalerr - April 14, 2024, 12:12:59 PM
Excellent match. Nice work. -- Russ