• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Fine-scale Leaves, Plants, Vegetation and Scenic /Scenery supplies

Started by marc_reusser, April 01, 2011, 02:57:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawton Maner

We'll all be OK as long as he keeps his hands where we can see them.

Design-HSB

at times to come back to the actual topic here what you think of the tree?

Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

finescalerr

Bill Gill

Helmut, Yes, the tree looks very good, how did you make it?
Also, don't know why you had to take Bexley's place in the corner. If it was because my foliage sample may not actually have been reindeer moss, well, it does look very similar :)

Design-HSB

No, I have not even created the tree. I bought the track just to see 0 tree in scale 1:45 to the effect.
For my model's scale of 1: 22.5, and thus actually twice as large.

Here is another picture.

Bill no problem, I just love it that here the model is maintained not only with very high quality standards, but is also provided with the humor.
Would make me otherwise even in the corner and a loo show that you can go from the corner to go to the toilet.   ;D
The toilet, however, built himself.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

finescalerr

Helmut, the corner is one thing. The toilet is quite another. Please, do us all a favor and stay out of the toilet! -- Russ

Hydrostat

Quote from: finescalerr on December 30, 2015, 11:37:44 PM
Helmut, the corner is one thing. The toilet is quite another. Please, do us all a favor and stay out of the toilet! -- Russ

Russ, he doesn't fit in there. It's a model. And he's not (pun intended).

About the tree: In the first picture it looks quite good, but a bit out of scale because It shows the growth form of a full grown tree. In the second picture the foliage looks a bit too 'cloudy' or coagulative. Would be interesting to see a scale tree at your diorama!

Cheers,
Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

Design-HSB

Hello  Bexlay,
Thanks for the link.
Anyone of you the punch and can tell me how big the punched sheets are then?
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Hydrostat

I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

Design-HSB

Volker, unfortunately finger no suitable comparison, I tested there more to values ​​in mm.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

Les Tindall

Just to come back to this discussion (after quite a while)- many of the web sites shown are now "closed", others seem to focus on 1/35th.  However as I am now modelling in the larger scale of 1/19th does anyone have info on foliage/grass/etc for that scale (or thereabouts). I've seen some sites using brass frets for ivy (at quite a cost!) but are there any "natural" products around?
Les   

Carlo

Hello, all. I need some scenery info for my dioramas. I need a "leaf punch" that will create paper or real leaves in 1" (dollhouse) scale. I see many online for the tiny scales, but none for x-Lg. scales? Even 1/24 scales might work.
I know you guys are a great font of knowledge, so I thought I'd ask.
Carlo Spirito

finescalerr

I presume you already have decided Woodland Scenics' products are the wrong size. I then discovered this on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Realistic-Miniature-Simulation-Architecture-Landscape/dp/B09JBXW8WW?source=ps-sl-shoppingads-lpcontext&ref_=fplfs&psc=1&smid=AXK36T68FWRJ6 but the other guys probably will turn up something much better. -- Russ

Stuart

There is an outfit called Punch Bunch that produces a variety of leaf punches in various sizes.  Some look to be about the right size for 1/12th scale.  They are available through Etsy and Amazon and possibly other places. 

Stuart