• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

south creek road

Started by 1-32, November 28, 2017, 01:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1-32

thank out all very much.
with my ideas and the process, i have found what works best for me is to develop the first idea and refine that idea sometime 3 times. i don't try and complicate the process with trying to get repeated ideas. my ideas usually come in a visual form.in medieval times people with a lot of ideas or imagination were usually drowned at birth
there are a lot of pieces to ship and pack not just the model they are what i call the support items.they all fit into my little blue hard shell cabin bag
my list is
-baseboard thick 16 mm plywood.with all the terrane in place.
-back scene 4 mm plywood.painted clouds.
-stand 9 mm, varnished face.
-lights rig 3 pieces 2 specially fabricated pivots,  brass aluminium and 4 mm plywood face painted.mix of yellow and white leds
-3 d items[model] packed in foam core and bubble wrap.
-separate detail items.
-2 power transformers 1 for the lights 1 for train control,12 volt
-1 train controller non- digital, simple.
-power board for the transformers.
-powerpoint adaptor for different countries.
-extension power lead
-and the last item an information card this will be placed up the flagpole on the lighting valance yet to be built.

Ray Dunakin

I'm with Russ -- the fact that you not only create these gorgeous models, but also create ways to safely transport them, is staggering.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Hydrostat

Kim,
you're an artist. In many ways. What a colourful and attracting item.

Cheers,
Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"

1-32

and there is one more item that I have to list before i forget
a little tool kit  -2 screwdrivers and a universal pair of pliers.
and some glue, thin wire, spare screws and a black marker.
cheers

Design-HSB

Hi Kim, a particularly successful form of a layout in a box.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

1-32

hi, Volker thank you for your thoughts.i have thought long about art and modelling and I have to admit that I don't see myself as an artist.I am a proud multi-skilled craftsman .pritty well most of the members here are craftsman all have really good skill base the best around. the skill of art these days has gone it has been replaced by the theory and artists statements.
talk soon Volker all the very best Kim

detail_stymied

Quote from: 1-32 on July 21, 2018, 10:44:17 PM... the skill of art these days has gone it has been replaced by the theory and artists statements....

WOW! :o

(see next post)
s.e. charles

detail_stymied

in the late '80s I attended a 3 day woodworking seminar given by Tage Frid. there were several workshops at the venue that weekend and on opening Friday night, the presenters gave a brief introduction about themselves.

during one particularly lengthy sculptor's speech, fate found me standing next to my idol. after about 10 minutes of particularly nonsensical rhetoric, Frid turned to me and said " 'artists' love talking about themselves".

made the whole weekend worthwhile!
s.e. charles

finescalerr

You nailed it, Kim. In the art world, art is talk. -- Russ

1-32

hi all.
I think I posted before about my plans for an electric minimum gauge loco this is the result remember it is a work in progress but getting there .styrene the electrical pick up is a German ho example and the mechanism is also German. tiny 50 mm long 30 mm wide and 52 mm high.
cheers.

Bill Gill

Another good start, Kim.

detail_stymied

I truly hoped there would be catenary involved!
s.e. charles

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

You really have an eye for little industrial engines. I remember some 1:32 models you built in the 1990s but there's a long gap between those and the stuff you're doing now. If you have any photos of previous locos, it might be fun to post them and see the reaction you get. -- Russ

1-32

hi everybody funny you should mention loco builders when I first started to read Finescaller years ago you were featuring a builder of shays in 1/32 scale I think he was Roger Rogerson great I was greatly inspired by his finishes. anyway, I have dug out one of my ancient locos kitbashed 1/32 n 20 all the rest can stay in the bin marked work in progress.
cheers.