• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/32 Deutz-(ish) Gas Mech (Using Bmann Davenport)

Started by marc_reusser, July 01, 2009, 01:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc_reusser

Lastly...here's a pic of some more wild trackwork, for you to model.  ;D
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Krusty

QuoteLastly...here's a pic of some more wild trackwork, for you to model.

You call that wild? They're just a bunch of [mumble] amateurs.
Kevin Crosado

"Caroline Wheeler's birthday present was made from the skins of dead Jim Morrisons
That's why it smelt so bad"

finescalerr

marc_reusser

Needed to test/experiment some techniques for dust, oil and grime using the new AK pigments and the the Engine Grease mix, for a currrent project, so I hauled out this old  build to try them on. (Also used the new Dark Steel and Med. Rust pigments for the seat and metalic areas at the top of the cab walls, as well as some dilluted pin washes of the Africa Dust wash on the bonnet and for streaking.)

M

M-Works

artizen

Ian Hodgkiss
The Steamy Pudding - an English Gentleman's Whimsy in 1:24 scale Gn15 (in progress)
On the Slate and Narrow - in 1:12 scale (coming soon)
Brisbane, Australia

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

shropshire lad

B'stard . Now I'm going to have to chuck my cabless Deutz into a bucket of paint stripper and start again as it looks very second rate compared to yours . Damn and blast . As if I haven't got enough to do .

By the way , yours looks brilliant . And please don't say that you aren't happy with what you have done because I'll be very irritated .

Nick

Carlo

Marc -
How about some details on the "new AK pigments and the the Engine Grease mix"?
What is it, where do I get it, and how did you use it? Especially the worn-but shiny metal accents on the seat and cab edges.
Carlo

mad gerald

Quote from: Carlo on October 21, 2011, 10:27:09 AM
How about some details on the "new AK pigments and the the Engine Grease mix"?
What is it, where do I get it, and how did you use it? Especially the worn-but shiny metal accents on the seat and cab edges.

... full ack ...

jacq01

I'll agree with Nick.
    Based on what you have achieved with these materials he'll be busy coming winter evenings, as his machines look like toys now  ;D ;D

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

finescalerr

I'm very disappointed, Marc. You can do much better .... -- ssuR

danpickard

Nice Marc,
The buffed lustre on the old seat and cab edges are the little highlights that really add some realistic life to this thing, at least to my eyes.  I also appreciate the thoughful traffic wear, as on the cab floor.  Just needs DCC sound and a gurgling, coughing engine effect to finish it off ;)

Subtle.  Love it.

Cheers,
Dan

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

EZnKY

Well done Marc.  I'm impressed with the subtle differences between the dark chips on the hood and the oil/grease stains below the side of the hood.  The colors are very similar in hue and value, and yet it's obvious that they're different results from different environmental conditions.  That's not easy to pull off...
Eric Zabilka
Lexington, Kentucky

marc_reusser

Thanks guys. That's all very kind of you.  There are things, as it stands so far, that I am happy with, and a good number of things I am not happy with. The worst 2 offenders for me, is that I just didn't know when to stop chipping, and thus overdid it; the other is the amont and size of grease stains on the vertical side panels. Then there are some other issues, such as mot enough panel shading and variation, and not the best rain/dirt streaking on the vert surfaces (this last item though can still be adressed).  I am quite happy with the red color and the sun fading/spotting on it, and I am happy with the dirt in the cab, as well as the oily dirt ontop of the running board/surface next to the engine compartment. So its not a complete basket case yet (though still a chance to be when I get around to doing the rest someday)...and if I stick it in a really busy dio, maybe nobody will notice or care. :D

Nick...I think you are talking nutters and must have falln from your roof again. I used your and Francks Deutz as inspiration.

M

M-Works