• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/32 Deutz-(ish) Gas Mech (Using Bmann Davenport)

Started by marc_reusser, July 01, 2009, 01:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacq01

QuoteJacq, That is a long drive for you.

Not really , visite Marcel last weekend to discuss the project.
1400 km. I am used to drive long distances. 
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

BKLN

Marc,
I just received the "mud" issue of the "Weathering Magazine". I don't want to go into too much detail here about the magazine in general, but I was very upset to see the terrible production / print quality of your article in particular. The photos don't do any justice to the excellent work you have shared here. I am glad I was able to follow your posts here, with much better images. Lets hope that the print quality improves.

Christian

Andi Little

Seeing as someone else has mentioned it!! - I'll now be brave enough to agree. I too thought it was a stand out disappointment of an article (image-wise): Just didn't serve you or the piece very well at all Marc', I'm hoping there's a logical reason for its sub-standard appearance.
And re' the magazine itself ................ I thought it the weakest issue by far. Perhaps because the subject failed to engage me - or the examples themselves? - But it's not an issue I'll be returning to often, I'll be bound.
KBO..................... Andi.

shropshire lad

I have held back from renewing my subscription to this magazine and by the sound of it I don't think I'll bother until I see how the next issue turns out .

Nick

finescalerr

Don't renew your subscription to mine, either, because a.) no subscriptions allowed and b.) ain't gonna be but half a book next year.

I know. I'm heading for the corner.

Russ

marc_reusser

Well, I don't know what to say. I have yet to see the print version (quickly leafed through the digital one...but didn't pay my article any attention). The same images/type I post often here (except for when shoot with tablet for here of FB), or submit to other mags/publishers, are the ones I sent them. So I can't speak to the subject.

Will be curious to see it, and how the images for the coming mag turn out. If as you say there is a quality problem, I will be curious on the upcoming mag, to see how it compares across the board to Russ's mag, and Berthold Tacke's upcoming diorama modeling book, as they all have photos shot the same way, of the same sbs/build (albeit different portions/aspects of the build....yet there will still be several images that overlap)
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

shropshire lad

Marc ,

Can you give us a bit more information about the Berthold Tacke book you mention ? I assume it will be written in German ?

Nick

marc_reusser

Nick,

Yes, it will be in German, and likely more locally marketed. I don't know much about it, but it is a book about biding dioramas and some modeling techniques for dioramas. It will have dios by some really outstanding modelers, will cover a variety of subjects and scales, and have a how to SBS section...as well as I believe some reference images for the SBS section.

I also know, that Gordon has an SBS in it. :)

If/when I get any additional info, I will let you know.

M-Works

Mr Potato Head

How about a English translation edition, Marc ?
MPH
My German is not so good
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

marc_reusser

Quote from: Mr Potato Head on September 01, 2013, 10:04:46 PM
How about a English translation edition, Marc ?
MPH
My German is not so good

Not that I am aware of. Think it is strictly for the European (and primarily German/Swiss/Austrian) market.

M-Works

Mr Potato Head

No Why don't you publish the book in English for the states?
Sprechen sie deutsche?  ::)
MPH
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

marc_reusser

I go where asked/invited :). Yep, ich sprechen das Deutsch..but that is not necessary, the articles are written in English, and they translate to whatever they need.

US based modeling mags are in pathetically short supply...and if you want to try and get published in a decent/higher quality content one I think you are at one "Scale Model Addict" (not counting Russ' because he is stopping).

M-Works